Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

New GA terminal (and new prices) at Split LDSP

Split LDSP from now on has new dedicated GA terminal. I didn’t have the chance to visit it because I just dropped off my nephew there and continued my flight. However, I noticed new charge on the invoice – it’s €40 (€50 with VAT) per passenger per usage of GA terminal. So today, instead of paying €57, I paid €107. Nice summer surprise.

And the fee is here to remain – all GA flights will go through this terminal and anyone who’s not crew member will be charged €50 for passing through the terminal in any direction.

At the same time the airport did zero effort in ensuring decent parking space on apron for GA aircrafts. Today, even that tiny peace of apron, dedicated to GA, was occupied by EasyJet Airbus 319 and of course no GA aircraft was parked there.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Pity! We had such a good experience just a few weeks ago and went through the normal terminal. We even got little tags for our luggage and we “boarded” through the gate of a flight to Rome or so.

We paid about 100 EUR including 2 nights of parking PA28, which I thought was tolerable.

Hungriger Wolf (EDHF), Germany

Joins Zagreb and Dubrovnik in the 200€+ club.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Joins Zagreb and Dubrovnik in the 200€+ club.

Unfortunately yes. €50 per passenger (per direction), especially non-paying people who join you for a weekend trip is totally outrageous. That means that family of four (assuming one crew member) is supposed to pay €400 just in airport fees for weekend in Split. For that money same family can fly to Split from UK, return tickets.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

It is a pity. LDSP is one of the best airline airports I have ever been to. A beautiful terminal, with a cafe doing great food, lots of space, everything so nice especially when compared to Europe’s many “cattle market” airports.

Could this problem be only in the high summer perhaps?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I was there yesterday and watched a Cirrus land and depart within a few minutes. Also saw a Pawnee depart out over the sea at very low level whch was something of a surprise.
My Falco is almost ready to return to the air after several years undergoing repairs and I was looking forward to flying to Split. This might change my mind.
The new terminal is indeed fantastic.

Last Edited by Stickandrudderman at 19 Jul 09:32
Forever learning
EGTB

Peter wrote:

Could this problem be only in the high summer perhaps?

No. I asked that specifically and got reply that all GA in the future will go through this terminal. I usually travel there alone or with my wife (both declared as crew), so for me it’s not a big deal but I believe it’s just too much for people just passing through it, especially on non-AOC operations. We pay more expensive fuel, we are not tax exempted, we pay all duties that (especially low-cost) airliners don’t pay. It simply doesn’t make sense because on the other side GA travellers on the average spend much more than regular low-cost-airline travellers which is the only thing that counts in touristic county.

Last Edited by Emir at 19 Jul 10:34
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Never been to Split but used it as an Alternate when flying into Brac. What an absolute pain in the ass. Another airport not to be used.

Pretty soon I’ll only be doing circles around my home airport.

I just saw the Zagreb and Dubrovnik prices and so they go on the No Fly List. I remember Dubrovnik as being expensive but doable a few years back.

Yep I see the Great Reset coming.

KHTO, LHTL

Emir wrote:

However, I noticed new charge on the invoice – it’s €40 (€50 with VAT) per passenger per usage of GA terminal. So today, instead of paying €57, I paid €107. Nice summer surprise.

Thanks for the Heads Up.

KHTO, LHTL

Another airport not to be used.

Isn’t that the aim of the game ?

EBST, Belgium
25 Posts
Sign in to add your message