Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Fly-in proposal : Orleans LFOZ and Loire Valley, May 1 2022

This is a trivial amount. What is more important is that everything functions, we can get fuel, etc.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

This is a trivial amount. What is more important is that everything functions, we can get fuel, etc.

The amount is trivial but the practice is not. There’s similar procedure at other airports but nobody charges you for what’s effectively unlocking the pump. It’s like fuel surcharge you pay at some airports if you take less that 1 ton of fuel.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

If it’s a truck coming to full up your aircraft that is a service, if it’s someone unlocking the machine it’s a theft…

Lot of places can recover VAT when fuelling visitors aircraft as it goes in books & records like their fleet…that is enough as fee

Lot of other places will do it for free as they are simply “happy to help” or “their job”

Last Edited by Ibra at 29 Mar 07:46
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Ibra wrote:

If it’s a truck coming to full up your aircraft that is a service

And I expect this service to be included in fuel price rather than be added to previously stated fuel price.

Ibra wrote:

if it’s someone unlocking the machine it’s a theft

Charging to enable charging is a theft. According to EU laws, no hidden costs are allowed, declared price is a maximum that you’ll pay regardless the means of payment, although discounts can be approved.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Emir wrote:

And I expect this service to be included in fuel price rather than be added to previously stated fuel price

The truck at LeTouquet adds it to price as you mentioned

World Fuels did add it as fee on top of the JetA sales, once it was printed badly and looked like ‘hook*r fee’ in my invoice (too much ink on a stuck paper)

Last Edited by Ibra at 29 Mar 12:49
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

First, we would need recent pireps (from SD or other) to have a better feeling of their practices.

Second, it is not a hidden fee, it is in their fees guide (the RH column is with VAT)

In comparison, the landing fee is :

Then parking is for each day :

Third, I should PROB95 be able to arrange for someone to pick you up at the airport which will discount you several times this fee.

Except if Bordeaux_Jim knows them very well, I don’t know how to avoid it. I am sorry.

LFOU, France

Jujupilote wrote:

Second, it is not a hidden fee, it is in their fees guide (the RH column is with VAT)

The question if you can expect that an action which is necessary for your payment of the fuel is “assistance avitaillement:”

Why stop there? There could be a power switch in the terminal that someone has to push in order to turn on the fuel pump. “Assistance avitaillement”, €25.78, please.

Last Edited by Airborne_Again at 30 Mar 09:08
ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

I think this reaction is a bit overdone.

You could have this instead, where you need to have “someone with high level connections” to get ATC to assist and send somebody to turn the pump on using a hidden switch. Of course the principle is wrong in both cases but this is what we have in GA. Like an airport with 24/7 on-site police charging €50 for a flight needing the police (LFBE, LGMT, probably many others). It is a business where 1970s working practices, job protection, job demarcation, refuges for lazy people, etc, everything Arthur Scargill and his equivalents all over Europe stood for, all survive and will survive for ever. Not to mention the many blatent “totally in your face” fuel price ripoffs like LIRJ (which has a nice staff and cafe though). Or currently EDNY selling arrival slots for €35 (discounted against other fees if you turn up, so that’s ok ).

One has to just live with it. And at least we have a known quantity in this case.

Come and enjoy this fly-in

You will spend way more on a taxi

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Looking quite possible for this. We hope to be in Troyes on Saturday so might be able to visit on Sunday.

United Kingdom

@Emir, do you still want to come as you cancelled your visit to AERO ?

Welcome Pete. How many souls on board ? How long would you stay ?

LFOU, France
Sign in to add your message