Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Fly-in proposal : Orleans LFOZ and Loire Valley, May 1 2022

Take care, many French clubs do their annual spring clean on May 1st. It means changing all the bollards, sometimes painting runway markings, painting club houses giving aircraft a thorough clean etc. As you can tell it on occasion it requires a Notam for the day or half the day, so please double check the day before.
On the other side of the coin there could be plenty of pilots around and you might get invited to join them for lunch (more of a picnic than Michelin) but French pilots fo like to talk to pilots from other countries even if sometimes the language gets in the way.and one has to resort to mine.😁😁😁

France

I will try to make this.

1st May is a Sunday which would be my normal return flight from Aero in Germany.

LFOZ AIP shows police: “PPR PN 24 HR during ATS SKED from operator.” so one could fly back to the UK from there.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I know the airfield operators very well at LFOZ. Feel free to drop me a message if you need help organising anything.

LFCS (Bordeaux Léognan Saucats)

I’ll know my schedule after April 20th and then I’ll be able to confirm details and book accommodation.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

If you do not have a BP card, LFOZ will charge you 25 euro to come over and swipe their card through the machine leaving you to it, You can then pay by credit card or cash when you pay the landing fee.
This is not mentioned in the AIP or on their web site, and they didnt tell me when I rang to confirm if I could get fuel without a BP card.

Regards, SD..

LFOZ will charge you 25 euro to come over and swipe their card through the machine leaving you to it

Who the operator? or the aeroclub? that is a daylight theft !!

Last Edited by Ibra at 28 Mar 20:28
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

I, too, will try to make this – if I have my aircraft back by then.

EGTF, United Kingdom

If you do not have a BP card, LFOZ will charge you 25 euro to come over and swipe their card through the machine leaving you to it, You can then pay by credit card or cash when you pay the landing fee. This is not mentioned in the AIP or on their web site, and they didnt tell me when I rang to confirm if I could get fuel without a BP card.

Can we be sure that this won’t happen to people coming to fly-in and we’ll be able to pay the fuel with ordinary card?

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

I have AIR BP but have found that the self service machines cannot be used without French

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Yes, like those who charge for go-arounds outside of ATS hours….

To those interested : give me your dates in and out as soon as you have them.

Last Edited by Jujupilote at 29 Mar 07:00
LFOU, France
Sign in to add your message