Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Erlanger Bergkirchweih - June 2 to 13, 2022

Being a year we hope we can travel (variant’s permitting). Has anyone gone to Erlanger Bergkirchweih?

https://tourismus.nuernberg.de/en/experience/events/festivals-markets/news/erlanger-bergkirchweih/

I am planning on going 9-JUN-22 – 14-JUN-22 and maybe if there’s a fair few of us going we could meet on the patch?

Qualified PPL with IR SP/SE PBN
EGSG, United Kingdom

I used to go there when I lived in Nurnberg. Way smaller than the Oktoberfest and without the
Bavarian flair. But when the weather is nice, it is worthwhile. If you like Franconian beer.

If it does take place this year, it will have to be seen what the „rules“ will be.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

A little bit too close for my taste. I could maybe fly EDQH to EDDN (10nm) and then take the bus, definitely won’t leave my bike at the Bergkirchweih.

Anyway, happy to join but it currently doesn’t look so good for such events and I guess it will be cancelled for the third time in a row.

EDQH, Germany

Where can you find the rules for Germany & events? I’d be interested to see if it is cancelled for the 3rd time in a row.

EGSG, United Kingdom

Okay cool, so 23rd of February onwards we should find out?

EGSG, United Kingdom

Die „Hotspot“-Regel ist laut §15a bis einschließlich 23.02.2022 ausgesetzt.

Means that the rule that demands a local lockdown for regions with incidence numbers above 1000 cases per 100000 people (since Omikron almost everywhere) is suspended until end of February. But even if the law would allow large events we have often seen that they got canceled because at one point the organizers must decide if an investment is worth the risk of a late cancelation. Let’s wait and see.

EDQH, Germany

Fingers crossed, but I presume the problem is that the organisers need the clearance and what not. When do you think the cut off will be?

EGSG, United Kingdom

Am I reading the updated rules that Erlangen can now go ahead?

The following regulations will no longer apply from 19 March:

Due to the expected federal legal requirements, on the other hand, the regulations on contact restrictions, existing requirements for capacity and person limits, the special regulations for church services and assemblies, the ban on dancing and music in gastronomy, the previous ban on folk festivals and annual markets, the prohibition of celebrations in public places as well as existing alcohol sales and consumption bans as well as the obligation to care in fixed groups in kindergartens are omitted.

https://www.stmgp.bayern.de/coronavirus/#Aktuell

EGSG, United Kingdom

I am arriving on Saturday afternoon and flying back to the UK Monday. Is anyone about?

EGSG, United Kingdom
11 Posts
Sign in to add your message