Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Spanish airfield for sale - Ocana LEOC

Good idea Dublinpilot.

Variation on that theme: how many are we here? All chip in a bit and we create our own EuroGA airport? Twice a year fly in, no fees, free lodging and Peter cooking us healthy stuff.

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

After a very crude/quick look, 1hr 30 mins from there, at +- 130kts, gets you to prettymuch most of Spain, quite a lot of Portugal, and some spectacular south coast French destinations.
That sounds appealing to me.

I wonder how much money is realistically needed.
Even for a small consortium of owners, there’s significant cost to build houses and necessary swimming pools.

United Kingdom

Looks like @dublinpilot nailed it. Sold for 7.5 million to a Spanish investor. Do check landing fees when you go there next :)

https://m.facebook.com/groups/PilotoDeUltraligero/permalink/4831478580271648/?sfnsn=scwspwa&ref=share

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

missed that one at the time, but @aart ‚s idea was fantastic, though not sure about Peter‘s cooking standard, but I’m pretty sure he would be an ace managing the tap on the beer keg

Variation on that theme: how many are we here? All chip in a bit and we create our own EuroGA airport? Twice a year fly in, no fees, free lodging and Peter cooking us healthy stuff.

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

My wife and I contemplated being the airfield keepers. She probably enjoys cooking more than Peter

7,5 million seems an huge amount of money to me for this airfield.

LFOU, France

Unsurprisingly, the winning bidder decided he would be unable to recover the investment and gave up, and for legal reasons it could not be assigned to the next bidders. The prior owner state-owned company SENASA readvertised it for sale recently and took offers until end of May. They have not published any details on offers received.

Official news link in Spanish

Antonio
LESB, Spain

If I was a rich man…

EBST, Belgium

Airfields are overpriced, especially if there is a house there. GA is as tight as [insert your favourite idiom] and especially in Spain the GA community which pays significant landing fees for a hard runway is tiny. Very few people fly to Spain (French pilots rarely do; as many have said here there is enough to do within France) and for other countries it is a long way to get a lot of people.

One viable way is for some bizjet owners to buy the place. They easily could, they would have security of tenure which in GA is always a constant hassle, there are hangars which is rare down there… that model has worked.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Just to mention that my gang visited Ocana(LEOC) approx year ago, on ferry from Cassarubios(LEMT) to Lučko(LDZL)
The whole story is here => https://achtungskyhawk.com/2022/05/24/photo-file-long-range-rallye-ferrying-a-ms-880-across-the-med/
The bonus for me => one fresh photo of PBY Catalina, stored there.

Croatia

9A_LDSH wrote:

The whole story is here =>

I just read and it and found it a fascinating write up.
Incidentally, years ago while learning to fly Twin Astir gliders at LEOC, we used to be towed behind one of a couple of Rallye 235’s… more on that here

Antonio
LESB, Spain
Sign in to add your message