Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Advice for a trip to Madrid

I expect to do a trip in VFR from Bordeaux to Madrid or Toledo passing via Burgos. Do you have good plans for taxis,airfields or hotels.
Thanks a lot

LFDU, Belgium

For Burgos your only option is LEBG (AENA). Do call to check avgas availability. We had a EuroGA fly-in there some years ago when there was an issue..
Toledo has no airfield nearby suitable for you, assuming you want to refuel and are traveling a little loaded.
Madrid, two options. AENA field Cuatro Vientos (LECU) and privately-run Casarrubios del Monte (LEMT).
LECU is a busy field, and a bit more hassle being state-owned (no handling though), but very conveniently located near the city. LEMT is very friendly, also has avgas, but is more remote and a taxi is your only option, unless you have someone pick you up of course. Taxi’s are generally not that expensive in Spain, but given the distance this may be 50-75 euros?

Last Edited by aart at 22 Aug 06:09
Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Yes, 2016.

We did check avgas very carefully at LEBG but they still had only just enough for one plane. And then their pump meter broke so they had to do it via measuring buckets It was like something out of Monty Python.

The location was great and we had a great meet-up however

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

You may also want to look at LEOC if it suits you better. I have not been there since a long time ago, it is some 65 km South of Madrid.

Antonio
LESB, Spain

At the end,i will make it easy.I will land at Burgos (thanks Peter,i will check the 100 ll availability) and Valladolid.
Effectively,no airfields near Toledo and taking trains etc don’t have my favour in this covid time.
Thanks for your help
ps: Nice video between Burgos and France.

LFDU, Belgium
5 Posts
Sign in to add your message