Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Finland

Thank you gentlemen.
EEKE is indeed very interesting but just on the very edge of my range without refuelling (EEKE-EFKI-EEKE).
I would prefer Redstone Aero EFPR. “Quite” cheap fuel – about 2,6EUR and free landing.
They advertise an LPV approach, however I cannot find any approach charts in AIP. I will ask them directly.

Poland

Airborne_Again wrote:

In Sweden AVGAS prices have gone up € 2 /litre or more since March.

I mean € 0.2 of course….

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

1.7 was what i paid. With Spilve you always have to check the availability – most of the time they have fuel (cash only, no cards),but its by no means guaranteed. check with airtraining- https://airtraining.eu
If you need IFR airport, then EEKE usually has the best public price in Estonia (about 2.30)

EETU, Estonia

ivark wrote:

,1.7 EUR /l this february

I don’t know how much that means today. In Sweden AVGAS prices have gone up € 2 /litre or more since March.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

ivark wrote:

Riga Spilve ,1.7 EUR /l this february

That’s really good price. Is it with all taxes included already?

Poland

Thanks.
I was considering Spilve as a stop on the way to Kajaani. It is exactly in the middle of the way from south Poland. I would however need Avgas available at my destination Kajaani but I got a message from them that fuel may not be avail. this year. They are not sure yet.
In that case I would not be able to do Spilve – Kajaani – Spilve (almost 1000NM) without refuelling so I need to find something in Finland.
My idea is to land in EFPR Pyhtaa/Redstone Aero. They have Avgas at 2,7Eur/L.
I could make Pyhtaa – Kajaani – Pyhtaa, no problem. Just the weather is a question, as Pyhtaa is just VFR airport.
Other option is to land in Spilve on the way to Finland and then on the way back – refuel in Pyhtaa and benefit a bit from a lower price in Spilve…

Poland

Raven wrote:

I made some research and it seems that if there is an Avgas on controlled airport (IFR/ILS) the price is about 3,5EUR/L.
On smaller aeroclub strips it is 2,6-2,8EUR/L.

EFLA is around 2.5 (fuelpro.fi) , Kanair sells in many places- https://www.kanair.fi/category/10/polttoaineet (EFHF is closed).
I think the cheapest in the area is EVRS (Riga Spilve ,1.7 EUR /l this february). In Estonia EETU

btw- most Finavia airports are closed 90% of the time during Covid, check NOTAM. That also includes Kajaani . The “closed” does not mean you cannot go there,but its important that you have a phone number of a guy who can open the gate for you in specific airport. Usually you can get the contact from local flying club. Unfortunately I don’t have it for Kajaani.
Of course,you can also request offical extra opening from Finavia,but its ridiculously expensive (don’t remember exactly, 1000-1500EUR).

Last Edited by ivark at 23 Apr 13:58
EETU, Estonia

Hello,

I am planning a visit to Finland. Can anyone suggest some nice airport with good Avgas prices?
I am aiming for Oulu or Kajaani area. They probably don’t have avgas at all so I will need to stop somewhere on the south part of the country twice to refuel on the way there and then back to Poland.
I made some research and it seems that if there is an Avgas on controlled airport (IFR/ILS) the price is about 3,5EUR/L.
On smaller aeroclub strips it is 2,6-2,8EUR/L.
Any advice appreciated.

Poland
8 Posts
Sign in to add your message