Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Finland

Hello,

I am planning a visit to Finland. Can anyone suggest some nice airport with good Avgas prices?
I am aiming for Oulu or Kajaani area. They probably don’t have avgas at all so I will need to stop somewhere on the south part of the country twice to refuel on the way there and then back to Poland.
I made some research and it seems that if there is an Avgas on controlled airport (IFR/ILS) the price is about 3,5EUR/L.
On smaller aeroclub strips it is 2,6-2,8EUR/L.
Any advice appreciated.

Poland

Raven wrote:

I made some research and it seems that if there is an Avgas on controlled airport (IFR/ILS) the price is about 3,5EUR/L.
On smaller aeroclub strips it is 2,6-2,8EUR/L.

EFLA is around 2.5 (fuelpro.fi) , Kanair sells in many places- https://www.kanair.fi/category/10/polttoaineet (EFHF is closed).
I think the cheapest in the area is EVRS (Riga Spilve ,1.7 EUR /l this february). In Estonia EETU

btw- most Finavia airports are closed 90% of the time during Covid, check NOTAM. That also includes Kajaani . The “closed” does not mean you cannot go there,but its important that you have a phone number of a guy who can open the gate for you in specific airport. Usually you can get the contact from local flying club. Unfortunately I don’t have it for Kajaani.
Of course,you can also request offical extra opening from Finavia,but its ridiculously expensive (don’t remember exactly, 1000-1500EUR).

Last Edited by ivark at 23 Apr 13:58
EETU, Estonia

Thanks.
I was considering Spilve as a stop on the way to Kajaani. It is exactly in the middle of the way from south Poland. I would however need Avgas available at my destination Kajaani but I got a message from them that fuel may not be avail. this year. They are not sure yet.
In that case I would not be able to do Spilve – Kajaani – Spilve (almost 1000NM) without refuelling so I need to find something in Finland.
My idea is to land in EFPR Pyhtaa/Redstone Aero. They have Avgas at 2,7Eur/L.
I could make Pyhtaa – Kajaani – Pyhtaa, no problem. Just the weather is a question, as Pyhtaa is just VFR airport.
Other option is to land in Spilve on the way to Finland and then on the way back – refuel in Pyhtaa and benefit a bit from a lower price in Spilve…

Poland

ivark wrote:

Riga Spilve ,1.7 EUR /l this february

That’s really good price. Is it with all taxes included already?

Poland

ivark wrote:

,1.7 EUR /l this february

I don’t know how much that means today. In Sweden AVGAS prices have gone up € 2 /litre or more since March.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

1.7 was what i paid. With Spilve you always have to check the availability – most of the time they have fuel (cash only, no cards),but its by no means guaranteed. check with airtraining- https://airtraining.eu
If you need IFR airport, then EEKE usually has the best public price in Estonia (about 2.30)

EETU, Estonia

Airborne_Again wrote:

In Sweden AVGAS prices have gone up € 2 /litre or more since March.

I mean € 0.2 of course….

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Thank you gentlemen.
EEKE is indeed very interesting but just on the very edge of my range without refuelling (EEKE-EFKI-EEKE).
I would prefer Redstone Aero EFPR. “Quite” cheap fuel – about 2,6EUR and free landing.
They advertise an LPV approach, however I cannot find any approach charts in AIP. I will ask them directly.

Poland
8 Posts
Sign in to add your message