Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

To Schiphol EHAM or not next weekend?

Thanks for the helpful replies – given that according to the Website posted by @Peter_G …" tourists from Sweden and the United Kingdom and two areas in Portugal … are strongly advised to go into quarantine for 14 days" we have decided to go to LFOT Tours -Val de Loire instead – I will post a report in the new airport database.

Thanks especially to the NL EuroGA member who took the time to send me a personal message of welcome to Schiphol whihc I will certainly take up when the dust has settled. Schiphol remains on my bucket list.

@dublinpilot – thanks also for your suggestion – I asked for a postponemnet and to my astonishment they just refunded the whole (non-refundable) booking – more budegte for the wines of Val De Loire!

TB20 IR(R) 600hrs
EGKA Shoreham, United Kingdom

LFHNflightstudent wrote:

The quarantine rule will go away as of next Monday I hear.

It was, I am led to believe, a ‘tit for tat’ ruling whilst the UK was insisting that everyone quarantined for 14 days.
Once the UK relaxes that rule (which my radio says it is doing, as I type, on July 10, ) I am certain that others – including The Netherlands – will do the same.
There is a good EU web site: Reopening Europe after Covid which is updated, I believe, every four hours with the latest news.
I would check that for the latest information.
I am planning a fly-out to Kiel on July 14 and, hopefully, will be going.

Last Edited by Peter_G at 03 Jul 10:13
Rochester, UK, United Kingdom

The quarantine rule will go away as of next Monday I hear.

LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France

I’d stay at home too, it’s not ‘only a recommendation’, but it’s strongly advised to go in to quarantine. I wouldn’t be able to comply and if I didn’t have urgent business in Amsterdam, I’d stay put.

Would you be able to return to the UK without going in to quarantine?

EHTE, Netherlands

Life in Amsterdam is slowly returning to something reminiscent of normal but for me the rewards for taking the risk are not sufficient. Restaurants and bars are opening but with heavy restrictions. Access to museums is limited. Sex workers are going back to work but must use positions which lower the risk of spreading the virus.

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

@peter_mundy understood… but what makes you say that?

TB20 IR(R) 600hrs
EGKA Shoreham, United Kingdom

The question was what would *I*do – my answer – for me – remains the same. Other people are free to make their own risk assessment

Did you ask the hotel is you can rebook for another date, maybe next year?

EIWT Weston, Ireland

Charming!!

EGBJ and Firs Farm, United Kingdom

Stay at home.

11 Posts
Sign in to add your message