Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

IFR to Ibiza LEIB feasibility

That gives me options. I presume the email for Montpelier is [email protected] ?

Qualified PPL with IR SP/SE PBN
EGSG, United Kingdom

It is. I also recommend Montpellier. Simple, helpful, good facilities, inexpensive, ILS, great location, nice town and scenery.

Denham, Elstree, United Kingdom

Brilliant, once the weather starts firming up I’ll start pinging emails to arrange details. I may do the night-stop on the 22nd or the return on 27th.

Winston wrote:

It is. I also recommend Montpellier. Simple, helpful, good facilities, inexpensive, ILS, great location, nice town and scenery.

If anyone is keen to join, feel free to ping a message. Could do with the confidence of a RHS Pilot.

EGSG, United Kingdom

Does anyone know if you test positive for Covid, hotels will give you a full refund? Bit of a bullache if not. I brought hotel on my credit card. I do have holiday insurance with my bank.

EGSG, United Kingdom

Given the last pirep from LEIB, GA is not welcome at all.

LFOU, France

It never really was at the “airline airports” (by that I mean more than 1 flight per month ). They get money to pay for the people driving the 50 cars parked in the airport car park regardless of traffic.

Like Greece nowadays, you have to choose which rocks you are willing to push uphill, and some are a lot smaller than others.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Given the last pirep from LEIB, GA is not welcome at all.

Indeed, and if it doesn‘t work any cheaper, then it would be a big step back from say 2019 and 2021, when apparently, if you did it right, it wasn‘t all that bad:

I have a feeling the pilot posting this pirep here did not do everything right, but not sure.

LEIB is the only plane to land a plane on the entire island, hence the criticality of this.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 15 Apr 12:18
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Pirep poster here,

I did hear eventually that one can go through (Iberia? Ibiza?) to avoid the extravagant charges. As this was a last minute flight for me I didn’t manage to figure it out in time. The AIP says handling is required and there are 5 handling agents listed and they are all $$$$. If someone can post the contact information / process that avoids the extravagant security fees that would be great for everyone.

Norway

To elaborate,

The response I received from Ibizair when I inquired about a quote.

“The handling price is 130 euros + 121 euros management fee + landing fee + airport h fee 15 euros. Kindly note that as from 15/03/23 the screening fee 80€ per crew & pax on arrival and on departure applies, as well as 121€ FBO management fee”

However someone said something about (Iberia?) offering more direct services. No idea about this.

Norway

Check the 2017 Menorca fly-in thread.

It contains some details on the Spanish law enabling “minimal handling”. Of course the Spanish handlers have found a way to circumvent this, by creating a cartel whereby one responds and the others avoid responding

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message