Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

A trip to the Alps to get nice photos (and a video)

I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you @Peter. Be nonetheless prepared with a plan B, in case ATC kicks you out of class C while being VFR over the Alps (like last time at the Jungfrau), even without active military actions in that airspace. Fly safe!

Switzerland

Looks like Peter is on his way. Just took off in Shoreham.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Mooney_Driver wrote:

Looks like Peter is on his way. Just took off in Shoreham.

Yes, crossing the Channel.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

In the interests of @Peter’s bladder am glad the TB20 didn’t get an STC for tip tanks!

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

At FL160 on course to the first target mountain by the looks of it.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

A beautiful routing, past all the North Italian lakes…

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Seems to be safely on the ground a Losinj

Antonio
LESB, Spain

One for the ladies

Got hopefully excellent mountain videos. Finsteraarhorn, Weisshorn, Matterhorn, and then, unexpected, Monta Rosa.

Got to get them off the camera but the USB cable is a bit long I think.

The Swiss website showing military activity is total fiction. Well maybe not but ATC totally ignored my very polite comment that nothing above x feet was declared. Not interested. Above FL160 is OK, below that you have to cancel IFR but then FL130 max, which is obviously below the terrain… Computer says No attitude. I still got good material, hopefully, but from higher up.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

You did almost the same routing as I did last year in reverse from Lošinj to Lugano. And the planning was perfect for flying through Switzerland during the military midday break. Enjoy your time down there!

Switzerland

Here are a few raw pics from the HD camera

Finsteraarhorn

I should have been 1000ft lower but now realise it is just another case of Swiss not allowing VFR in their FL130-base Class C – same as they did during my VFR days in 2004/2005, and today they didn’t want to spell that out because VFR is allowed in Class C!

Weisshorn, and same comment applies about being too high. Matterhorn in the background

Matterhorn

I did an orbit around the Matterhorn and got a load of stills; still to be processed.

Monta Rosa – this one is a bit higher than the others, at just over 15000ft

FL160 is too high for these mountains

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message