Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Help UK to Montenegro (Tivat) and return hopefully!

Basically, just like between UK and France, but other countries do not have the GAR, so you must use customs airports on both sides of the schengen border.

You are probably among the very few willing to cross large waters in a 150 !
That said, it is pointless to plan too precisely your trip from now, VFR you will never take the planned route. Plan several and be flexible. But the Croatian coast is a must. The inland route can be fun too, via Beograd or even Budapest !

LFOU, France

Hi Jujupilote,
Thanks I understand I think so just file a flightplan, the C150 has as I may have already stated a zero timed engine with maybe 100 or so hrs! and it doesn’t know its over water or land!! the water doesn’t really worry me its interesting to see the different shipping etc I am told that one can get disorientated and descend if the horizon goes and merges into the sea, if one doesn’t keep an eye on your instruments. I appreciate very much all the comments and help everybody is giving me what a great forum!!! Excellent for low hours people like me who want to go further but need a little more information/confidence.

MikeG

EGSJ, United Kingdom
12 Posts
Sign in to add your message