Banner
Welcome to our forums

The fastest IFR-tourer SEP, practical or not

I have one. It does 200-210 KTAS.

Good.
I will pay for the JetA1.
Tally ho!

I’m still waiting for challengers that want to race … including retracts

No use… My fastest ship does “only” around 433000 furlongs per fortnight… true with gear extended though. Happy to compare efficiencies though :-)

I would like to fly the Columbia once, though. Certainly a very nice aircraft.

mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany

Well, I don’t think we need to do a race. Just post a screen shot of your PFD. Here is mine @FL200, -34 OAT, 209 KTAS, 22 GPH:

Last Edited by N210FK_C10T at 14 Feb 16:17

N210FK_C10T,

Well, I think the race challenge is not going to be accepted.

As this thread got moved from the thread to do with retractable efficiency to this section, the quote from Michael was:
“I will take on 6 seat retracts as well as Turbos (up to 7000 ft).
“Put your plane where your mouth is!”
And:
“I’ll race (and beat !) any 4 seat normal certified production aircraft ever built”

It seems the retractable Cessna P210 Silver Eagle is too much to bite off for some.

Last Edited by complex-pilot at 14 Feb 16:29

I think our posts crossed, N210FK_C10T.

Is there a way of making contact?

I really would like find out more about Silver Eagle first hand experience.

I just sent you a private message via this forum.

This one will beat them all. Ed Swearingen at his best. When you don’t have to meet the FAR 61kt rule for certification, stuff can start to move…

SX300

Except the topic says “IFR tourer” and since non-certified types cannot fly IFR in most of Europe…

Otherwise, something like the latest Mk Spitfire, or something out of Reno (e.g. the Mustang with the wings chopped off) would be the fastest.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I was looking the gear and was thinking the main gear will fold upwards on a hard landing.

Damage history – 3x nose gear collapse…

Sign in to add your message