Banner
Welcome to our forums

How to organize training for Instrument Rating

UdoR wrote:

prepare

Watch the videos on pplir.org in addition to other advice here

EGLK, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

Well done It’s a great feeling to get that junk out of the way. Admittedly I already had the IMCR and the FAA CPL/IR by then but I learnt zero, zilch absolutely nothing whatsoever and that would have been true even without the CPL/IR.

@Peter, the only bit I learned that I did not know before that (I already had IMCR) was the weather.
The rest is pretty much almost as the PPL programme…

EGTR

Snoopy wrote:

You misunderstand maybe? It was a joke between Udo and me concerning a CBT theory course that is pretty dreadful too complete. So I feel sorry that he had to use this one, and I had hoped he had the pleasure of using some super didactic new one I don’t know of yet.

Hi @Snoopy, sorry, it was my bad humour! :) Sorry if it was that clear from my writing.
I was also making a joke about the theory as I know of very, very few people that actually liked the whole experience. It is not pleasant…

EGTR

Well done It’s a great feeling to get that junk out of the way. Admittedly I already had the IMCR and the FAA CPL/IR by then but I learnt zero, zilch absolutely nothing whatsoever and that would have been true even without the CPL/IR.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

You misunderstand maybe? It was a joke between Udo and me concerning a CBT theory course that is pretty dreadful too complete. So I feel sorry that he had to use this one, and I had hoped he had the pleasure of using some super didactic new one I don’t know of yet.

always learning
LO__, Austria

Snoopy wrote:

Being familiar with it, I was hoping you’d recommend something awesome from a different supplier ;)

@Snoopy, are we talking about the same CB-IR exams?! :)
I’ve done mine with CAPT in the in UK (CAA exams). Some peopleve have done training with BGS for the UK, others – BGS for EASA, and I have to say, @UdoR is VERY polite! :)

EGTR

Being familiar with it, I was hoping you’d recommend something awesome from a different supplier ;)

always learning
LO__, Austria

@Snoopy CAT. But learning with the documentation is not so fulfilling, in gentle words.

Germany

Congratulations
Which theory course provider (cbt) did you do?

always learning
LO__, Austria

Well done @UdoR!

Denham, Elstree, United Kingdom
26 Posts
Sign in to add your message