Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Registration of aircraft with no EASA type certificate

I don’t know where the Morane Paris fits within EASA..There are Morane Saulniers which are Annexe 1 and come under the “avions de.collection”.

France

gallois wrote:

As for the DC3. We have one at Ferté Alais and as has already been explained it is EASA annexe1 so it is regulated (perhaps the wrong word) under national regulation.

Out of interest, I’ve seen some Morane Paris flying in France as well, I assume under the same cathegory. Which is amazing as this plane would not have any chance of registration in Switzerland or Germany and probably much of the N-of Alps countries due to noise. I always found the Paris a very interesting plane. The first VLJ really, pressurized personal jet transport, loong time before the Cirrus Vision Jet.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

This is exactly the reason I bought my experimental – Slovenian registered, can fly pretty much anywhere across Europe without hassle; Germany doesn’t have a problem with them being stationed there – unlike ULs, where they have to be German registered if you actually live in Germany…

EDL*, Germany

Not sure about Czech Republic but here in the Netherlands you are only allowed to keep a foreign microlight/UL for a very limited time, a month if I recall correctly. Worth checking the local rules…
I have no idea how diligently this is enforced but not a complication I want to live with.

Regards,
Cobus

Last Edited by propkop at 10 May 07:54
EHLE, Netherlands

It’s 340kg, so while not a lot of space, I think I will manage for my limited use.

Last Edited by CzechStol at 09 May 19:22
Czech Republic

I would be careful with weights. Even a Eurofox will likely weigh at least 350kgs with a Rotax 916. Do the math. Any significant flight will need at least 50kgs of fuel. Means: you can‘t legally fly with two persons if the MTOW is 560kgs.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

I am planning on buying a Eurofox with a 916is, and register it under Slovak UL registration. They offer a MTOW of 560kg. I live in the Czech Republic, in which I could only register the plane for a 450kg MTOW.

Are anywhere aware of any potential issues with that? Around access to airspace, crossing international borders, insurance, maximum amount of days being able to stay in a country etc? I assume I will have to take a Slovak UL license but I am ok with that. I have a normal Czech PPL license.

Also, on another note, if I buy avionics from Garmin, can I then use the “non-certified” versions of the units which are significantly cheaper than their certified equivalents?

Czech Republic

propkop wrote:

Thank you @boscomantico, I had a look at the list, quite interesting, but unfortunately I do not see any mention of the Tecnam P2002 Sierra or P2008 types. Does that mean there are no P2002 Sierra aircraft registered as UL/MLA in Germany?

This is the Datasheet for the P2002 Sierra Mark II which is registered as an UL in Germany.

Last Edited by Steve6443 at 14 Mar 19:10
EDL*, Germany

boscomantico wrote:

Check here, under “Gerätekennblätter Ultraleichtflugzeuge”:

Thank you @boscomantico, I had a look at the list, quite interesting, but unfortunately I do not see any mention of the Tecnam P2002 Sierra or P2008 types. Does that mean there are no P2002 Sierra aircraft registered as UL/MLA in Germany?

EHLE, Netherlands

Check here, under “Gerätekennblätter Ultraleichtflugzeuge”:

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany
37 Posts
Sign in to add your message