Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Poll : who flies in his (her) own aircraft?

Recently bought a TB20GT - brings a smile to the face like nothing else - well, almost :)

TJ
Cambridge EGSC

Exactly like Jan Olieslagers - self-employed behind the computer screen (at least for now), and a Grumman Tiger registered in company's name.

LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

Recently bought a TB20GT - brings a smile to the face like nothing else - well, almost :)

Very bad choice. Those aircraft are not well regarded on this forum.

Now I am flying a TB20 as owner, before that I had a Citabria, a Mooney "Bravo", a Mooney 20C. Occupationally I flew B737, B707, DC10, A330, A340, after retirement Piaggio Avanti 1&2 in a start-up enterprise.

Many years without ATC Radar and Inertial Navigation / GPS.

And I survived.

EDxx, Germany

Very bad choice. Those aircraft are not well regarded on this forum.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

As Peter has started it :)

And I fully agree with you Peter. One aircraft and the right woman to enjoy it with.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Also own PA-46. Had another before this one. Mostly fly for work.

EGTK Oxford

I part own a PA28-181 with 3 others. I tend to fly generally with one other to double distance and save costs, and for company.

This is me landing in the rain on a recent charity (AirSmiles) day

And this is why I fly, taken earlier this evening

I bought my Commander 114TC a few month before I passed my exams. I wanted a plane to be able to make serious trips like flying to Croatia or Spain. I looked for a group but could not find one in Rotterdam. For some reason this hardly exists. Those people interested basically wanted the same Piper or Cessna but then newer than the typical club or rental.

I fly my 1968 V35A Beechcraft Bonanza which I have owned since April of 1979. I am starting to get used to it after 34+ years. I have owned in partnerships or individually a variety of other airplanes including a 1968 Mooney Exec, a 1968 Cessna 150, a 1968 Cherokee 140, a 1968 Cherokee Arrow 200. I started flying in 1968, so it seems that most of my airplanes are of the same vintage although I did not own them at the same time. I have also owned a bunch of Commanders of the 112A, 112TC, and 114 variety. I can't forget to include the 1980 C172, 1980 Beechcraft Duchess and 1963 Beechcraft Baron. My logbook includes time in 50+ make/model of aircraft, most of those checkouts were me reading the POH or owners manual before the first flight. Alas, insurance won't let me do what my pilot certificate permits anymore.

KUZA, United States
Sign in to add your message