Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

New Diamond DA42-VI Configuration

I know he wants a new plane, but this one is very tempting. FIKI and TAS, brand new props and engines.
https://www.planecheck.com?ent=da&id=50925
planecheck_F_HPCD_50925_pdf

LFOU, France

That’s an NG, not a -VI. Quite a bit slower to start with, and a lower payload capability.

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Doesn’t have radar, doesn’t have oxygen and doesn’t have NXi avionics. In other words, it’s priced as new and it’s not.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

NorFlyer wrote:

Unfortunately you will be hard pressed finding a hangar in the Oslo vincinity, at least long term. Give me a call after Easter, I might be able to help.

Gladly, thanks a lot for offering to help!!

ErlendV wrote:

And I might be able to help you with your MEP rating (and IR), possibly on your own plane :)

Thanks, I may be in touch! It is over 6 months delivery time, so a ways away. I have though to do the MEP there in Austria, I hope the situation allows by then!

aart wrote:

Where would sedatedokc be without EuroGA..

Lost. Thanks for your and others advice so far!

Norway

Thanks, I may be in touch! It is over 6 months delivery time, so a ways away. I have though to do the MEP there in Austria, I hope the situation allows by then!

In which case you should really to go to @snoopy for training!

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Hi everyone!

Great to hear that another DA42-VI might be finding it’s way to Oslo — as far as we know, there are currently no non-flight-school DA42’s in operation here in Norway.

We placed an order with Diamond for a new DA42-VI with mostly the same configuration a few weeks ago, and expect to take delivery in November. We opted to drop the satelite datalink (being quite happy with the Golze setup), and skipped the removable right-hand stick due to the removal and reinstallation being a “non-pilot action” (to our somewhat surprising knowledge), which would make it less convenient in use. We did however go for the electrically operated rudder pedals, after our test flight.

Looking very much forward to the upgrade to FIKI, radar and oxygen which should be a solid step-up from IFR flying in our current DA40-180 (which is now for sale). Now, we just have to manage the wait until November…

Last Edited by chrismiks at 03 Apr 11:37
ENGM, Norway

chrismiks wrote:

We placed an order

Congrats! Great to hear we have new aircraft joining the Norwegian GA-fleet.

Norway, where a gallon of avgas is ch...
ENEG

@chrismiks congratulations very nice flying aircraft

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

@sedatedokc I’ve had electric rudder pedals on various Diamonds for 9+ years. Pretty reliable, had one hiccup where they got stuck and it wasn’t a circuit breaker, but I’ve also seen the manual cables go wrong too. So personal preference I reckon. They are much neater and good when you haven’t got it quite right and just want minor adjustments.

Enjoy the MEP in Austria.

DA62
EGTK, United Kingdom

sedatedokc wrote:

How much maintenance / complications on the AM safe seatbelts?

They’re a bloody hassle as they’re an airworthiness item. You generally want to avoid unnecessary ones.

We had our DA40 grounded for a month when we hit the AmSafe inspections date, waiting for US parts.

slowbird wrote:

They are much neater and good when you haven’t got it quite right and just want minor adjustments.

Exactly, the cable ones are a lot harder to tweak accurately. And overall the cables are just a mildly awkward low tech device in an otherwise high tech aircraft.

Sign in to add your message