Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

What is the best Traffic Avoidance system for light GA in Europe today ?

@Dave_Phillips
Where do you place the SkyEcho un the cockpit ?
Also, do you power it from 12v socket ?
Does it automatically turn on when it is powered, or do you have to get an access to it to turn it on ?

How one could connect ADL150 and SKYECHO at the same time ? Any trick here ?

I don’t think there is any way to connect a wifi client to two wifi access points concurrently.

However… I discovered a truly bizzare thing the other day. I am sitting at home, wifi there, public IP is say 120.121.123.124. With a laptop on the wifi, I go to some “what is my IP” website and it tells me it is 120.121.123.124. However I am doing some VPN testing and need to run a VPN terminating at my house, which I can’t do with the VPN client on this same wifi, because it cannot be on the same subnet. So I set up my phone on 4G and turn on the wifi hotspot feature. Usually that works; the public IP of that connection is say 220.221.223.224. But I can’t get the VPN to work! So, with a laptop connected to the hotspot I check the public IP and it is … 120.121.123.124! That is impossible. The phone must be acting as a bridge from the home wifi, to the hotspot wifi. If I disable wifi under Settings on the phone, the public IP of a client on the hotspot becomes 220.221.223.224. I have never seen that on any other phone’s wifi hotspot. AFAICT this means the phone does have the ability to connect to two wifi networks concurrently. Maybe this is not difficult and it is just the OS which doesn’t give you access to it. Samsung S7… android v6, rooted of course.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

What about this ?
@Sebastian_G

Last Edited by PetitCessnaVoyageur at 13 Dec 10:56

I use wifi for ADL and Bluetooth for GTX345
I see all mode S traffic like FR24. I just see additional data on the specific flight if ADSB.

Last Edited by Antonio at 13 Dec 16:35
Antonio
LESB, Spain

I really need to get an AirConnect dongle and try the overlay from my PowerFlarm to SD.
Got a new phone last week, I guess it will be Christmas twice this year.

Last Edited by Arne at 13 Dec 18:07
ESMK, Sweden

@PetiteCessnaVoyageur

Where do you place the SkyEcho un the cockpit ? Here

Also, do you power it from 12v socket ? Nope. I carry USB charging lead (supplied) and either plug into the aircraft or a battery pack. That said, the internal battery lasts about 8 hours.

Does it automatically turn on when it is powered, or do you have to get an access to it to turn it on ? You have to press the on/off button. It will not switch on itself when plugged in to a power supply.

How one could connect ADL150 and SKYECHO at the same time ? Any trick here ? Don’t know.

Fly safely
Various UK. Operate throughout Europe and Middle East, United Kingdom

Does skyecho supply ahrs data for foreflight?

always learning
LO__, Austria

@Dave_Phillips
Thank you for your details.. one more naive question:
I guess you have TAS and ADSBin through g1000.
Why do you use SkyEcho on top on that ?

@mancival: I’m interested in your GTS800 installation on the belly of an RV-7. I had ruled this out, because the manual says to put the antenna on the top (and that doesn’t really work on an RV). Do you have any more info on the belly mounting?

Top Farm, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom

I am actually wondering what is the point of having one on the top and one on the bottom.

If the target is above you, the bottom one won’t see it, so it doesn’t get displayed.
If the target is below you, the top one won’t see it, so it doesn’t get displayed.

So you may as well stick both on the bottom, or both on the top.

I wonder if @wigglyamp or @GarryIAE have ever done this?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message