Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Your instrument panel

As wigglyamp states in post 42, the CBs should be grouped otherwise you get long unprotected wire runs which are a fire hazard. Well, unless done in extra thick cable which is itself CB protected upstream.

I wonder what happened to Robin_253’s project? He posted several threads about extreme difficulties with the installer.

This is my post-TKS-installation panel, with the TKS control unit fitted, with great difficulty, behind the LH yoke. I also put in an Aera 660 in the LH yoke, which makes a very good GPWS box, wired into the AUX input of the intercom and with its display rendering terrain pretty well (if you zoom it right, which it seems to always need done manually)

In theory I should be re-doing the centre stack for 2×IFD540 or GTN650+750 (so I can get LPV, and flight plan transfer over wifi, basically) but can’t stomach this right now, after some massive problems with a supposedly high grade installer a few years ago. I could also do it DIY (I have sources for both Avidyne and Garmin boxes, even brand new) but it would need a heated hangar for a couple of weeks. Also the centre stack won’t come out at all easily (due to various people, starting with Socata, having run wires directly into it) so it would all have to be done from the front, which is possible but tight.

I also had to re-do the whole CB panel to fit several new CBs in (not just the TKS one but also the ADL150 and a few others) so all the CBs had to be reinstalled on a different pitch. It was done with metal strips to cover the old holes. This kind of work is really difficult to do in a hangar (especially an unheated or poorly heated one) unless there is a great workshop next to it, so as much as possible was done at home.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Not mine, but I rent it.

always learning
LO__, Austria

I guess we are one of very few Avidyne-Arrows in Europe. A stormscope and a TAS 615 is also installed, feeding GPS and MFD

ESOW, Sweden

Very cool panel, @Snoopy. What type of plane is it? What are the two circular gauges to the right of the LH yoke?

EGTF, LFTF

@denopa
It is a 1977 C172M upgraded with a new CD155 (the roung gauges are the engine instruments).

always learning
LO__, Austria

A Garmin panel – sorry for the bad image quality

Last Edited by Malibuflyer at 31 Aug 18:46
Germany

@malibuflyer

Love it! Is it G500 3x? What make are the backup instruments on the left?

always learning
LO__, Austria

Snoopy wrote:

Love it! Is it G500 3x? What make are the backup instruments on the left?

Yes – 3 TXI and a MidContinent SAM

Germany

Tecnam P2008 JC MKII Night VFR
Dual G3X Touch, GNC255A, GTR225A, GTX345 ADSB IN/OUT, MDs in the middle.

Fly , Cycle and Run
LTBJ,LTFB, Turkey
Sign in to add your message