Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Your instrument panel

Howard wrote:

I think Garmin are talking about a little box that will hide behind the panel and connect to any transponder and broadcast ADSB-out with almost no install expense. I think.

The Garmin GDL82 (https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/540911) transmits on 978Mhz as a UAT which doesn’t meet the UK CAP1391 EC requirements and doesn’t have EASA certification so no good for your TB20

Avionics geek.
Somewhere remote in Devon, UK.

Thanks MH. Good to see someone else with a hole in the panel.

Haha yeah. There has been an AI, I’ve been told. I’ll close it with a board for arresti figures :-)

This is the panel of our C172b

mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany

Isn’t that a TT31 I your panel? It can do ADSB out all it needs is to be connected to the 530W

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Howard

My mistake, I mistook the trig radio in your panel for their transponder.

What type of king transponder do you have fitted, I may have a rack compatible unit that will do ADS-B out in my avionic store. This could be changed over at reasonable cost under CS-STAN.

Last Edited by A_and_C at 13 Dec 16:37

SF23 Sperling panel before avionics upgrade. We are installing the small Trig combination seen in our Cessna, too.

mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany

@A_and_C I have a King KT73 transponder. Apparently King initially promised that it would do ADSB-out…but then they changed their minds. It does Mode S of course.

Are there options out there that involve some sort of rebate on this kit for ADSB functionality?

Howard

Flying a TB20 out of EGTR
Elstree (EGTR), United Kingdom

@mh, your C172 and Sperling both look very nicely kept… It’s nice to see panels that are functional for their current environment but which don’t depart too much from the original esthetics. What is the extra control stick in the Sperling? That would confuse me

Seeing the A-7 mag switch in the Sperling reminds me that it’s a good idea to clean the contacts on those every few years, perhaps every 10 years. The contacts are unplated copper and eventually after a long time you can get a hot mag due to light corrosion. Ask me how I know… However it’s no big deal to clean the contacts.

Silvaire wrote:

What is the extra control stick in the Sperling? That would confuse me

That actually is the throttle:

This winter we had everything apart and cleaned, while we were updating the radio / xpdr. I just don’t have a recent panel picture.

I like these classic styled panels, too.

And on topic, here the panel of our DR250:

mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany

mh wrote:

That actually is the throttle

It’s nice that the guy on the left can fly with either hand… Its an unusual setup but looks to work fine.

Thanks for the video!

Don’t (some?) Robin not also have a throttle on both sides? I seem to remember that from flying a DR400 a few times.

ELLX
Sign in to add your message