Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

What endoscope / borescope / USB camera do you use?

Still sorting through about 20 probably fake “delivery attempted at 4am/5am” messages… or weekend evenings. All times chosen to make sure there will not be anyone at the business address. The delivery company is unknown and “secret” – plenty of this stuff online from others. Basically this is yet another case of a US company which is incapable of writing a non-US address on a package and giving it to a postman, so they use a d1ckhead “international fulfillment” outfit.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

My eBay borescope from the US was delivered by persons unknown but it had Pitney Bowes stamps all over it if that helps you Peter.

I used your link so I probably got it from the same people. Sounds like I got lucky for once!

United Kingdom

Pitney Bowes is a franking machine, so it looks like yours was sent to you by Royal Mail, from the UK. Mine is being done by a no-name delivery outfit.

Some say EuroGA gets too technical at times, so for amusement, this is just a tail of what I have

The “card left” messages are definitely fake. The address is a business, and look at the times claimed for the attempted deliveries. I reckon it is somebody with a day job.

If these delivery drivers were Albanian, Hungarian, Polish, Slovak, Iraqi, Egyptian, etc I would have had it already, delivered with a smile So, that leaves who? You can always tell when you are on a council estate – it is full of white vans.

I raised it via Ebay which is a Phillipino call centre staffed by monkeys with a screen full of scripted phrases, with a button next to each phrase.

Administrator

Maybe not even a white van. I’ve had stuff delivered by a women with an elderly car. I wondered if she’d actually be making a profit, taking into account car costs. Possibly thinking the pittance in cash she’s getting is all profit. The delivery charge I paid was very little.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

I purchased aViVidia Ablescope VA-400 (the one Mike Bush recommended recently) because borescoping is now mandatory along with compression checks on Continental engines at 100 hour intervals. It’s very easy to use, it comes with a cheap but effective Chinese tablet, all plug and play. Inspection is easyish, I wonder if the 800 version with the flexible rod would be better but then it’s more expensive. Taking pictures is easy. So far I’m happy with my purchase.

EGNS/Garey Airstrip, Isle of Man

Hi Peter

I didn’t write a very clear post. My Borescope did definitely come from the U.S. Pitney Bowes, apart from their franking machines, have diversified into mail room and fulfilment services. What I actually meant by “stamps” was labels and markings. It was delivered by courier but somebody else signed for it – I have thrown away the packaging. I thought it might help you track it down!

United Kingdom

More “delivery attempts”

Administrator

The plot thickens. Still the same person claims to be trying to deliver every day around 6am. Googling shows many have torn their hair out with this before and it indeed turns out to be a parcel delivery service operated by Pitney Bowes. You can track the tracking codes with this URL: https://parceltracking.pb.com/app/#/dashboard/UPAAB000000xxxxxxxx. However they go to a lot of trouble to hide their depot locations, which in this case is RH11 7ST but no obvious delivery company is listed there so short of going there (it’s about an hour away from here) and knocking on doors I can’t do much.

The arrogant script monkeys at Ebay have now ruled that the parcel “must be accepted” and that this situation constitutes a “proof of delivery”. They have taken the payment and told me to f- off. That leaves a CCJ against Paypal as the only option, which in the UK they will lose, but what a hassle?

However a google on the postcode and looking at google maps shows that a well known cheap and dirty delivery service called Yodel are there. And there is a phone number! Unfortunately the number doesn’t work unless one quotes a Yodel parcel ref number, which the PB one isn’t. Even Yodel’s head office lists no other number

The vendor, Oasis Scientific, has zero customer service and goesn’t give a t0ss about any of this. I can hardly recommend that company unless you get a friend to buy it in the USA and post it to you…

Administrator

Sounds like I got away with a load of hassle by the skin of my teeth.

A couple of people saw me “Borescoping” my engine but there is no way I’d recommend Oasis Scientific now. My engineer would have probably bought a new one and even my plumber was looking for one today to look under leaking bath panels as tiled ones are a nightmare to remove without damage! So that’s two lost sales from me this week and another 10 – 20 lost sales from this forum?

If Aircraft Spruce have it that’s who I’ll tell people to use as I have had several successful orders/deliveries from them.

United Kingdom

I ordered mine from Aircraft Spruce and it came just as has everything else I’ve ordered from them.

LSZK, Switzerland
Sign in to add your message