Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Voiceflight discontinued

here

Very sad and another company which Garmin shafted, by blocking the crossfill protocol route for flight plan uploading.

I think not doing European support was a big missed opportunity. Here we get routes with 30-50 waypoints, whereas the USA is tending towards long DCTs so the life of VF in the USA was always going to be a bit limited.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

“investors that have lost millions of dollars”, “employes have endured 80 hour weeks for years, frequently with little or no salary”

That sounds a bit strange. It’s not overly difficult to develop such a product and it should have been clear to everybody that this product would never provide a return on “millions of dollars”. If your business is built around fixing a small problem with another company’s product, then there is always the chance that this company will eventually address the problem.

Now that the “investors have lost millions of dollars”, he can offer the whole product/IP for little money and somebody can build a business.

by blocking the crossfill protocol route for flight plan uploading

That’s not what he says..

I don’t have much sympathy for them either. Garmin didn’t shaft them, they built a pretty poor product around a feature missing in the garmins. Garmin then added the feature…

Seems like their product would still work but there is no market now Connect has been launched. That is life in business.

I have sympathy for customers who put a fairly messy add in in place which will now become pretty useless.

EGTK Oxford

The BT Garmin connect looks good….has anyone tried it?

YPJT, United Arab Emirates

How does the garmin connect work, can you download a flightplan to a 530w?

Yes. You need to get a Bluetooth box hard wired behind your panel and you communicate via Garmin Pilot app on your iPad…

YPJT, United Arab Emirates
6 Posts
Sign in to add your message