Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

ADL / Golze satellite weather system

ADL Server connection error

For last hour or so I’m getting Server connection error when trying to download weather over Internet. Does anyone know what’s going on?

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Just tested it via internet download. It works without any problems.

EDMA, Germany

I have had this problem also while using a VPN tunnel when connecting to the internet and the VPN server was not based in Germany. May you have the same problem. Solution: shut off the VPN.

EDDS , Germany

Mine works perfectly, I mean the internet download via Wifi and 4G.

In my company network it also wasn’t working. I just switched WIFI off and it worked without problems on 4G.
Seems like some firewall settings can block access to the ADL servers.

EDMA, Germany

The ADLConnect app will communicate with the server on port 8123. Some WiFi networks in hotels etc.seem to have firewalls which block this port. The easy solution is indeed switching to 3/4G. If the number of firewalls with such restrictions increases a redesign of the download process might be required but so far it seems to happen only in some rare WiFi networks.

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

Lots of wifi networks block all but port 80, 443 etc.

Why not run this over port 80, or to deal with the “NSA is controlling my every move” civil liberties concerns, 443

This situation is quite common.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Reporting a server connection error over 4G (ORANGE FRANCE)
The error repeated a few times, and I finally got the data 10 minutes later.
That’s the first time it happens to me (wifi or cellular)

I had this outage for the first time. The strange situation resolved by itself around 11 a.m. without any intervention on my side. After that in continued to work normally both on WiFi and 3G networks as it did before outage. In the meantime, during the outage, I tried to switch tp all 3 available Italian 3G networks with same result getting same error.

Last Edited by Emir at 25 Jul 07:17
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

I am looking at fitting this system.

Has anyone got it fitted directly (not battery powered) to the avionics of an N Reg aircraft? How did you get it through certification?

I would like to have the system wired directly to the aircraft avionics to pick up the RS232 data but am being told that this won’t be possible without an 8130 or Dual Release Certificate. My understanding is that Golze only provide an EASA Form 1 to fit it to European registered aircraft.

Any N Reg owners in Europe had this situation?

EGLK, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message