Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

AOG Technics fake parts

This is all over the news right now.

It could be serious, but I can’t help making some obvious observations:

• What an anally retarded system there is, where a company, which could be verified in 5 minutes as practically nonexistent, is allowed to supply jet engine parts purely because they possess a copy of Photoshop and a laser printer. The Form 1 certificate is the start, the end, and everything in between, and the emperor being completely naked is just fine with the guardians of all things perfect (the EASA145 system, etc).
  • Who actually manufactures the fake parts? Normally, looking at what the chink counterfeiters aim for, it tends to be opportunities in reasonable volumes, like say 10,000 Hitachi CPUs. They are mostly not especially clever either, producing fakes which are easy to spot. But if say you have fake turbine blades, you need a 3D model so you can get the chinks to CNC machine it up. It also needs to be right otherwise the blade won’t fit. You aren’t going to get that.
Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I’m not sure it’s always counterfeit parts per se but parts where the provenance has been falsified – eg can be pattern parts from marine / power generation certified as having come from aviation production chains or spares that have been recycled from overhaul facilities

Posts are personal views only.
Oxfordshire, United Kingdom

at least the company has an appropriate name :)

EETU, Estonia

As Matt says, these are probably real parts but taken from scrapped life-limited stock.

99% of it will probably be perfectly fine. The vast majority of life limits are quite arbitrary.

Administrator

According to that FAA note, its some kind of bushing for the inlet guide vanes. The part is probably genuine, but the papers are faked. I would think GE use the same bushing for the same application for a wide range of engines.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

So who is the bigger scammer – the manufacturer who sells the part for ten times more with aviation paperwork, or the company who sells the exact same part more cheaply with fake paperwork?

Biggin Hill

Especially as the manufacturer probably obtain their parts from AOG Technics. Different laser printer of course.

Last Edited by Bathman at 06 Oct 12:10

manufacturer problem source

Do you mean “manufacturer probably” ?

the exact same part

You must never question “the system”. Reminds me of this.

Administrator
9 Posts
Sign in to add your message