Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Upgrading legacy G1000 with GTX345R (ADS-B IN / OUT)

Last Edited by PetitCessnaVoyageur at 09 Mar 21:40

TAS targets are diamonds and ADSB vectors. You can find both

Emir wrote:

This is what I saw briefly while in the air:

I also remark on your traffic page, that you don’t have the FLIGHT ID button
It is weird because with the ADSB, you have this new capability.
When I was configured with the TAS, I didn’t have FLIGHT ID button.
This would point toward a G1000 configuration mismatch.

Last Edited by PetitCessnaVoyageur at 10 Mar 07:39

Emir wrote:

This is what I saw while on the ground:

That is TAS symbology, not ADS-B symbology being displayed. ADS-B will have an arrow head and a direction vector. TAS will have a diamond symbol and no vector. See what PetitCessnaVoyageur was displaying on his screenshot.

So it looks to me you are still connected to your TAS system.

KUZA, United States

NCYankee wrote:

That is TAS symbology, not ADS-B symbology being displayed. ADS-B will have an arrow head and a direction vector. TAS will have a diamond symbol and no vector. See what PetitCessnaVoyageur was displaying on his screenshot.

So it looks to me you are still connected to your TAS system.

Maybe I wasn’t clear enough. Besides not being able to see ADS-B traffic, I was puzzled with being able to see TAS traffic while on ground and not being able to see the same traffic (except briefly for 3-4 seconds) while being in the air.

Does anybody have screen from ForeFlight showing both types of traffic? I’m not sure ForeFlight distinguish between those two.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

For my TAS (KTA810), when the GTX was installed, two wires were connected between the GTX and the TAS. They are discrete inputs, which can trigger two kind of orders:
- TAS Standby mode (on or off)
- TAS Self test

The first cable allows the GTX to turn the TAS to stand by on the ground.

I just checked for your TAS600, and those discrete do not exist. Sorry for my mistake.

Also, traffic data travels on RS232 out of your TAS (not A429). After the installation, this stream is rerouted, to be, in the end, between the TAS and the GTX.

Bottom line: your G1000 should not see traffic data directly from your TAS.

Last Edited by PetitCessnaVoyageur at 11 Mar 07:09

Bottom line: your G1000 should not see traffic data directly from your TAS.

That’s what I expect – traffic from TAS goes to GTX and then together with ADS-B goes to G1000. And being able to see both traffics on iPad, I believe the first part is ok, so GTX to G1000 is a problem.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

If you have an arrow / vector and the registration, it is not detected by the TAS, it is ADSB.
TAS target don’t have heading information so they cannot be anything else than diamonds.

From what you showed, it is not certain that TAS appears in Foreflight.

I’m considering installing a GTX345 in my Falco so if anyone is selling a second hand one do let me know.

Forever learning
EGTB

If you have an arrow / vector and the registration, it is not detected by the TAS, it is ADSB.

I’m a bit confused because I checked with guy who flew 9A-DDD and he told me only Mode-S. As I receive TAS while on the ground, I checked today once more and it’s shown on G1000 with diamond while in the ForeFlight it’s shown with arrow and registration.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia
Sign in to add your message