Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

PA28 161 mk2 charging fault

I have an unlimited supply of resistors, located not far from you If you bring the reg to my office (I can be there today or tomorrow) we can test it on a power supply.

Not sure you are getting PMs.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Hi Peter,
no i am not getting any pm’s from you? [email] is my email.
at the moment the regulator and alternator are in a hangar so cant get them back til wednesday,,
and currently having car trouble, that needs a new alternator,, having to dismantle half the car to get at it, that is the priority at the minute, we still have CLWB serviceable
so WD not urgent, thank you for the offer, ill be in touch
peter.

egka, United Kingdom

*Memoriesofpx

Putting a price on such a job is difficult without seeing the aircraft ( previous repairs are usually a hinderance ) but I would take a guess at five to seven hours Labour and £ 75 for the parts.

But this is needs doing by someone who has the right kit for the job and the nouse to find the correct premium quality cable & crimp terminal connectors a hydraulic press to install them.

Last Edited by A_and_C at 12 Jan 23:35

At last the fault has been cured, it turned out to be a faulty field circuit breaker.
As Aveling said, carry a hammer!, we did try bashing it when it failed, but to no avail,by passed it, then replaced the CB in the end.
Thanks for everybodys contribution to solving this problem.

egka, United Kingdom
14 Posts
Sign in to add your message