Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

COM radio with in built auto squelch intercom

Anybody know of any Com radio that comes with a top quality intercom which has auto squelch?

I believe the Garmin GTR200 does but it’s not TSO’d. The PAR200B would also be an option but this is a bit more than I was considering.

Depends on how many seats you need. Most modern radios have at least some functionality, but mostly for two seats only. Trig, Dittel and Becker radios do have intercom.

Last Edited by Ultranomad at 29 Nov 19:58
LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

Thank you.

I’m not sure they have in built auto squelch or “IntelliVox” as ps engineering call it. I find some of the inbuilt intercoms on these radios have the settings buried within some sub many which makes it difficult to adjust.

Bathman wrote:

I’m not sure they have in built auto squelch or “IntelliVox” as ps engineering call it.

Trig TY91/92 and TY96/97, Dittel (now TQ) KRT2 and Becker AR6201 all support both VOX (voice squelch) and PTT (button-controlled intercom) operation. If VOX is selected, voice squelch threshold is adjustable from the face panel, which is described in the manuals. All these radios also have an AUX audio input. TY96/97 has two, one of them stereo hi-fi, and supports stereo headsets; its intercom has a pseudo-stereo effect: voice from the right seat is heard in the right headphone of the left seat, and voice from the left seat is heard in the left headphone of the right seat. TY91/92 and TY96/97 support SL40 remote control / frequency preload protocol. Remote control panels (proprietary) are available for TY91/92 and KRT2 (handy for aircraft with tandem seating); the former is connected via RS-485, the latter – via RS-232.

Last Edited by Ultranomad at 29 Nov 22:53
LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

I have a GTR225 and use its intercom, I don’t know whether the squelch levels for the intercom are automatic or not, but I’ve never had to fiddle with the squelch level (and my aircraft is comparatively loud inside, having absolutely zero sound insulation). Like many in built intercoms, it’s 2 place.

Andreas IOM
5 Posts
Sign in to add your message