Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

List of Eurocontrol RMK codes

I’m working on trying to get a FP validated, and I recalled a post here at some point where someone mentioned a RMK allowing changes to be made. I still haven’t found that post, and my extensive googling has left me wondering if there’s any source somewhere that lists common remarks one can use in this field?

EHRD, Netherlands

Do you mean “IFPS re route accepted”?

France

There is the “IFPS REROUTE ACCEPTED”

I have forgotten the exact usecase. Would have to look it up in one of those endless IFPS manuals.

What must be clear is that (although some people seem to think so) this does not make/enable IFPS or some person in Brussels to take an orginally non-validating route and make a validating route out if it.

It only works for validating routes, where this note might enable certain (limited) improvements or so. I never use it.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 19 Aug 15:24
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

If the IFPSRA indicator is present in the Item 18 sub-field RMK, the route field is empty or contains only the routeing indicator ‘DCT’, and the aerodrome of departure and aerodrome of destination are inside the IFPZ, then it indicates that the message filer requests routeing assistance and IFPS will automatically insert a route if a valid one is found and if none is found the IFPS will automatically reject the message.
For messages which are manually processed by IFPS, the remark ‘IFPSRA’ in the sub-field RMK, of a flight plan shall be considered as written authorisation from the message originator for the IFPS staff to manually correct the message where necessary and possible, without being required to obtain further agreement to those changes from the message originator.
It shall then be the responsibility of the message filer to ensure that any changes made to that message by the IFPS are checked and communicated to any necessary persons prior to the departure of that flight.

Where a message filer wishes to authorise the IFPS staff to make amendments to their submitted messages when necessary and possible, that message filer shall add the comment ‘IFPSRA’ in the RMK sub-field of the submitted message.

Last Edited by Snoopy at 19 Aug 15:46
always learning
LO__, Austria

RMK/RTECOORATC is one word to get routes like “Toussus DCT Plessis” changed and forced to validate, it means the new route was approved and coordinated by ATC

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

boscomantico wrote:

It only works for validating routes, where this note might enable certain (limited) improvements or so. I never use it.

Ok clear. I was mostly interested in whether there is a source to look up all the possible RMK comments.

EHRD, Netherlands

Well, actually RMK is a qualifier that allows any plain language remark after it. So the number of possible RMK messages is endless.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

boscomantico wrote:

Well, actually RMK is a qualifier that allows any plain language remark after it. So the number of possible RMK messages is endless.

Yeah I understand that, but I constantly see people reference specific “secret codes”, and I thought it would be useful if there were some reference to what those are. Probably wishful thinking.

EHRD, Netherlands

There is the “IFPS REROUTE ACCEPTED”

I think this option is useless in practice, especially for GA. What it does is that if validation fails, the FP pops up on the screen of a human operator who can decide (or ight not) to amend it.

The problem is that you now have a route which you didn’t plan to fly…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

To be clear, I got my route worked out and don’t have a plan to use the reroute remark. That mental process just got me thinking about where I might find other tricks like this.

EHRD, Netherlands
11 Posts
Sign in to add your message