Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

La Rochelle LFBH and its Schengen-defying 48hr PN for all non-French flights

Who writes this stuff???

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

So they want you to email them the Sender contact info & the Recipient contact info for the Prior Notice?

Surely you are the sender and they are the recipient?

So they want you to tell them their own contact info?

EIWT Weston, Ireland

One would think that in France they could find a 15 year old who could write legible English, and any adult knows fax has been dead about 20 years. It utterly beggars belief how anybody can put “fax” on there. All I can say is that somebody is doing this stuff deliberately to make some sort of point, because nobody is stupid enough to do it for a real reason other than malicious.

Administrator

Peter wrote:

doing this stuff deliberately to make some sort of point

Let’s call it Cultural Protectionism… same vein as basically opposing English R/T, or purposely accentuating French pronunciation in any other spoken language

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

Does anybody really care if fax is mentioned as a way to communicate with C+I.?
It doesn’t say you have to use.it. My printer has a connection to my computer to send and receive faxes. I have never used it but might if I was sending and receiving info from somewhere in Western or Northern Africa.

France

While FAX +33 (0) 556 79 28 37 appears to have a fax machine still on it (I’ve just dialed the number) I can’t send a fax because we no longer have a email2fax service. It was last used about 15 years ago. And a real fax machine we still have can’t be used because we have a VOIP phone system with no POTS (old analog phone) interface.

I could haul the fax machine to my house where I still have an analog phone socket. And then take it to the council tip

The problem is that they do not reply to email (ever, AFAICT) and a fax is the only proof of delivery (along with telex which I guess they still have too but don’t publish the number). And there is no phone number. So if you want to cover your 6 o’clock properly… well, you can’t.

In the UK I would not worry because the police here don’t do weird stuff (they used to, 30+ years ago).

Administrator

Just send an email and print it off if you are concerned. It is PN not PPR.

France

My point appears to have been missed, but it’s an old argument…

Administrator

And now this. WTF does this mean:

A4880/23 NOTAMN
Q) LFBB/QMRLT/IV/NBO/A /000/999/4611N00112W005
A) LFBH B) 2309251000 C) 2309251200
E) RWY 09/27 RESERVED TO SKED COMMERCIAL AND BASED HEL IN CHARGE OF
PUBLIC SERVICE MISSIONS
CREATED: 22 Sep 2023 10:33:00
SOURCE: EUECYIYN

Basically the airport closes to GA 1000 UTC to 1200UTC.

Administrator

For one single day (today).

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany
Sign in to add your message