Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

La Rochelle LFBH and its Schengen-defying 48hr PN for all non-French flights

Am I right that the LFBH 48hr PPR is not currently active for fixed wing GA?

Nothing in the AIP (just 8hr) and in the notams:

A3471/23 NOTAMN
Q) LFBB/QFHAP/IV/BO /A /000/999/4611N00112W005
A) LFBH B) 2306231338 C) 2309232355
E) NON BASED HELICOPTERS : MANDATORY PPR 48HR TEL. +33(0)5 46 56
74 03
EXC HELICOPTERS PROVIDING PUBLIC SERVICE MISSIONS
(DUE TO PARKING LIMITATION ).
CREATED: 23 Jun 2023 13:38:00
SOURCE: EUECYIYN

I am planning a trip.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

La Rochelle is one of the towns hosting the Rugby world Cup..I think one of.the teams is based on the Isle de Rey. Personally, I would double check with the airport.

France

Personally, I would double check with the airport.

I would suggest having to do that (I might have to find a French speaker) is completely ridiculous. This is not a wine tasting party; this is an airport

I am looking at this coming weekend or maybe Monday also. Which dates is the football?

Administrator

I was just giving a personal opinion. It might not be necessary at all. But it is the Rugby World Cup and Rugby is very well supported sport in France. The country is proud to be hosting the tournament and La Rochelle is proud of its team.
The waiting list for a ticket to a La Rochelle match is over a year. This is the basis of my personal opinion and there are several people at La.Rochelle.who speak English.
But it’s up to you whether you double check or not.

France

I emailed them asking about the previous 48hr requirement. This is the reply

We do not need any information.
For everything related to customs you will see this with them directly, you normally contacted them before your arrival. If necessary, the number is written in the lobby of the refuelling office.
The same office where you will pay the landing fee just before leaving.
The parking spaces on the Golf en herbe do not reserve, there is always do not worry.

I am not sure they understood me and perhaps they were not aware of the 48hr notam. But this sounds fine.

I do not understand the grammar in you will see this with them directly, you normally contacted them before your arrival. It implies a PN, and the AIP talks about 8hrs.

Administrator

What they mean is that for the PN you should do that directly to customs, not to the airport ops, who habe nothing to do with it.

The NOTAM is currently still there.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

The way that reads, this should allow direct flights from Switzerland to La Rochelle without and PN (coming from Switzerland is not “international extra-schengen”).

I’m certain that’s not what is intended.

LSZK, Switzerland

you should do that directly to customs

I did; I emailed all the addresses. But the police there (or anywhere in France) rarely reply.

The NOTAM is currently still there.

Amazing! But today you are right. It was not there yesterday. I got the whole notam list and searched it for “48” and saw only the heli notam.

Thanks Anyway it confirms the respondent did not understand my email.

I’m certain that’s not what is intended.

For sure. Better print off all such emails and carry them.

Administrator

In case you missed it

The parking spaces on the Golf en herbe do not reserve, there is always do not worry

Herbe refers to grass. So they are saying you don’t need to reserve grass parking. You might want to ask about hard parking (I know you don’t like grass). I’ve no idea of the grass state. My last trip there was more than 10 years ago!

EIWT Weston, Ireland

The grass there is OK, nowadays, They used to have a really dangerous grass park but that was some years ago.

There is a process for booking tarmac (at some price, too); I’ve never done it.

Administrator
Sign in to add your message