Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

IFR Private Pilots Facebook Group

Hi: I have started a FB group called IFR Private Pilots for those pilots that have an instrument rating or would like to get one. So far, Dutch pilots have signed up, but I would like this FB group to become an international, easy going FB group focussed around flying IFR. Everyone is invited to join:

EDLE, Netherlands

Not on F***book.

United Kingdom

Thanks, I joined. Always good to know some Dutch IFR private pilots. Their number seems to be quite limited..

Of course you don't have to join up and I will try to make it an English speaking FB group. I am also a member of VFR Pilots NL and it is probably the most active group I am a part of. If you need any question, it is so simple to ask on FB and if you have your smartphone with you it is even simpler to respond. These FB groups will never replace the quality online forums such as this one or e.g. PPL/IR. See it more as an add-on. Looking forward to meet you all here and on FB.

EDLE, Netherlands

The great thing about Facebook (which I don't use, but my sons do) is that you can state your relationship e.g. "single" or "in a relationship".

You can also configure it so when it changes (usually, for a correctly dedicated pilot, this means changing to "single") each of your 500 "friends" gets notified.

Let's say 20% of them are female (I am being very generous here, for male pilots) you will probably get several offers right away, which is a good result...

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

keen on flying IFR, but not keen on Facebook ;-)

LKKU, LKTB

You all are right. FB is not everything. All I know is that I created a closed FB-group and that so far within a few hours about 60 pilots already signed up. As far as I know, you can participate in the FB group and not even be a friend or share your FB details with others in the group. But then again, I am no FB expert and will continue to participating in this great GA forum next to FB.

EDLE, Netherlands

Could you encourage all who sign up to join the PPL/IR Group: http://www.pplir.org/ The more members we have, the more influence we can exert on EASA . . .

Rochester, UK, United Kingdom

I've joined the Facebook group, which I mostly use now for aviation related interests - most other stuff gets quite tedious really. I am also a member of PPL/IR.

I just joined....of course the other thing about joining a Facebook group is you will generally be revealing your real name!...something it seems most forum members don't like to do....

YPJT, United Arab Emirates
12 Posts
Sign in to add your message