Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

IFR Departure

Except They didnt have to turn on any equipment. They may have equipment there but so does the restaurant. I did not require the tower to remain open outside normal hours. They did nothing for my IFR landing because it was as every other VFR landing with the exception of my doing a 30 nm final.

Actually lets call it what it is, its a user fee…..but if you dont use it you should not have to pay for it. And I believe regulatory wise as well as legally Im correct.

KHTO, LHTL

JasonC wrote:

I think the example is more that you order the desert and then cancel it. You didn’t eat but they had to make it.

That’s better but I would say he cancelled his order before a deadline.

Martin wrote:

JasonC wrote:
I think the example is more that you order the desert and then cancel it. You didn’t eat but they had to make it.
That’s better but I would say he cancelled his order before a deadline.

There is not a good analogy to this business of how EDMS is handling this IFR approach/departure situation.

Personally I think its all made up. Under what guidance could they charge for a flight that files and flies under IFR rules but finishes the flight VFR.

After Alexis left the “guy in charge” said, that once I file the flight plan they are notified that an IFR flight is coming and whether it ends VFR or IFR its billed by EDMS as an IFR approach. I did not misinterpret that since I asked him to explain it 2x each with a discussion.

KHTO, LHTL
After Alexis left the “guy in charge” said, that once I file the flight plan they are notified that an IFR flight is coming and whether it ends VFR or IFR its billed by EDMS as an IFR approach. I did not misinterpret that since I asked him to explain it 2x each with a discussion.

And you think they lie, right?

I’ll be there this afternoon to bring the Cirrus there (WAAS upgrade), I’ll talk to them.

Last Edited by Flyer59 at 17 Oct 09:36

Flyer59 wrote:

I only told you what the two main people in that tower told US. And they repeated it about 15 tim

Try 20x

Last Edited by C210_Flyer at 17 Oct 10:13
KHTO, LHTL

Flyer59 wrote:

I just sent an eMail to the CEO of EDMS. I’ll let you know if they answer!

Im very curious if they put what they told me on paper or even e-mail.

By the way they have been charging me numbers that are all over the place. Looking back on my records for the past 2 yrs. They charged me sometimes Cat C and sometimes Cat B. I spoke to one of our members here and he told me my plane is Cat B so I alerted EDMS to that fact and they started charging me the B rate, once in a while a C rate came in and I alerted them to the mistake and they corrected the charge. By the way my noise certificate is B class. That is what they are charging other 210s and Bonanzas.

To be honest I really didnt pay much attention to the IFR approaches because there was so much confusion over B and C and because I usually picked the plane up a few weeks later from the shop and Im always in a hurry to meet my IFR slot.

But now Im looking at a fee of 7 Euros for flugsicherungsentgeit plus a landing fee of 20 Euros all netto for a total of 32.13Euro
Tried looking up flugsicherungsentgeit what does that mean? Cant find a translation.

KHTO, LHTL

Flugsicherungs = ATC
Entgelt = Fee

You seem to think that Straubing is a place run by the Sicilian Mafia. But that’s not the case, believe me. If they made a misatke with your category they will reimburse you, and I am very (!) sure that they are neither corrupt nor liars. I’ve used that airport the last 21 years – and a lot – and I never had a bad experience.

Let’s see what they tell/write me.

WHAT is you callsign, please?

Last Edited by Flyer59 at 17 Oct 10:20

I have to Straubing today and I talked to the people on the tower, who are responsible for these things.

This is what they told me:

- They have a software system (that is used by 17 other airports) that automatically forwards IFR flightplans to them.
- That system is provided by a company and they have to pay licensing fees for it.
- For every IFR flightplan they receive they charge € 4.20 from the pilot
- They usually charge it from every pilot whose IFR flightplan they have received, not matter if/where the pilot cancels IFR, because they had many pilots file IFR who would always cancel IFR if the weather was VMC justto save the € 4.20
- You could ask them to delete your entry from the system, and not pay, and they would do that if you insist – but then they want you to fly the offical VFR procedure, including the traffic pattern, just like every other VFR pilot – and not a straight in IFR style approach

(All this is only what they said. I have no personal interest in the topic)

You are lucky no Sicilians are on this site.

Sent my call sign to your email. You and I are one of the few who use our real names. Now lets not start a war, just that there are a lot on here that have no ID.

KHTO, LHTL

Not necessary anymore, I am already back!

Hungarians are just as dangerous ;-)

Sign in to add your message