Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

How much do you trust your best friend?

Well, a popular German video includes the same kind of a “surprise”, where a young man takes his father in an ultralight, without knowing he has a license. The video is even sponsored by the flight school, and I would not consider it as a fake nor as being dangerous.

The following “prank” video is by far more dangerous, where a pilot pretends to be unconscious, in order to scare (“prank”) the passenger for fun. That is highly unprofessional, insane, and very dangerous in my opinion. But if I watch other “prank” videos of these strange people, it seems that they do other very hard stuff to their friends. Something I would never consider to be a friend, or this is all fake (but even then, it’s not cool, because the pilot really DOES close his eyes).

Last Edited by Frans at 07 Jun 17:50
Switzerland

It must be the confidence the pilots radiate when they operate the buttons and levers and talk over the radio. I don’t think the passengers would have stayed this calm with the pilot taxiing like a drunk or the Dynon screaming OVERSPEED over the intercom.

And: Why are these really mean prank videos always coming from one of the ex eastern bloc countries?

EDQH, Germany

Frans wrote:

The video is even sponsored by the flight school,

Well, just because a Microlight Flight school does it, it doesn’t say it is safe … just look at the many overweight UL Instructors in Germany that can safely only fly with 40kg- students…

But more importantly: The video is cut – and if you look at the change in facial expression of the father between taxi and take off (about 4:25), it is highly likely that during this cut the son actually told his father that he made his license…

Germany
13 Posts
Sign in to add your message