Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Honda Jet (merged thread)

JasonC wrote:

I also gather the single point refuelling is problematic ie very slow which somewhat defeats the purpose

This must be a problem with their implementation of the single point refuelling. It’s certainly fast on a CJ4

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

JasonC, there is a “SLOW” warning light near the refueling port for the fueling person to observe. I didn’t stay for refueling, so I don’t know if/how bad it is. Service center is RAS at EDLN.

Last Edited by loco at 05 Jun 05:08
LPFR, Poland

Honda stuck through a very prolonged certification process, almost 20 years, so my guess is they’re in it for the long run. BTW, also a very telling difference between Japanese business approach and western one – here, such a long term project could probably not have been realized with a public company.

loco wrote:

JasonC, it’s a different class. I’m estimating twice as much to fly per hour. In many ways better, but limited to typical flying. You’ve been through some planes so you know the differences.

Operating cost you are prob right. I also gather the single point refuelling is problematic ie very slow which somewhat defeats the purpose.

My concern with it is the lack of a good support network. With Citations you know there are plenty of places to get them worked on globally. Phenoms much less so but still not too bad. Honda, who knows?

Will they stick with making jets? Who knows.

EGTK Oxford

Sorry, didn’t take a single one. Only have FR24 track

JasonC, it’s a different class. I’m estimating twice as much to fly per hour. In many ways better, but limited to typical flying. You’ve been through some planes so you know the differences.

LPFR, Poland

I love the HondaJet. But the new improvements will probably be very useful – more range, less runway use, more useful load. It was a little short on range before, so this prob welcome addition.

Where are the photos, loco?

Last Edited by AdamFrisch at 04 Jun 20:46

loco wrote:

The new Elite is a little over $5M. I guess about twice the operating cost per hour of a TBM. The comfort it offers is uncomparable, but it only does one thing. A to B.

So the same mission as most TBM930s are used for, for the same purchase price? :)

Last Edited by JasonC at 04 Jun 20:44
EGTK Oxford

The new Elite is a little over $5M. I guess about twice the operating cost per hour of a TBM. The comfort it offers is uncomparable, but it only does one thing. A to B. No Courchevel and no grass strips for the enthusiast. I’d rather bear the noise and arrive in Mallorca 20 minutes later for half the price, but for those who can afford it – nice toy.

LPFR, Poland

loco wrote:

Only the price… :-)

@loco
Is it a lot more pricey than a TBM930 ? I don’t realize

Last Edited by PetitCessnaVoyageur at 04 Jun 20:00

Yes, that’s right. I meant final descent, not speed over threshold.

LPFR, Poland
87 Posts
Sign in to add your message