Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Social gathering in western Germany June 29?

I would probably fly over on Friday afternoon (28th).

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

The time is running short, and I feel it is time we came to a decision. My preference would be for the o/p to make the choice; seeing he has shown reluctance - from the noblest of motives, I do not doubt - I am afraid a vote is the only other option. Only I would insist that we choose not the place with most "pro" voices, but rather the one with the least "con"s.

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

And to open the vote: wishing to leave as many options as possible, among the suggestions, I have only two "con"s, that is Köln-Bonn and Mönchengladbach, both disallowing my (category of) aeroplane.

In honesty, though, I must add that my vote should not weigh in very heavy: the lightest craft is the most subject to weather, and thus the most likely to call it off anyway; weather being the prime factor in deciding "to fly or not to fly".

On top of that I am not very far away, so can relatively easily come driving instead of flying, as I did on an earlier occasion.

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

My preference would be for the o/p to make the choice

Oh please, I invite everyone else to agree on a destination, just help me figure out how to get there once you decide! I would have to look up all these "E..." airports anyway.

Peter, depending upon where you arrive, and stay, I'm happy to meet up with you [and Justine?] Friday night, even if there is a trip onward the next morning. I can stay anywhere I like reasonable to Cologne Friday night. I have no preference of location, and would not want to make a suggestion which would be a disincentive to anyone.

I defer to the people who will actually use planes to arrive, as to where that is most welcoming. I will train/bus/healtoe express to get there....

Home runway, in central Ontario, Canada, Canada

I can only arrive on Saturday but could stay until Sunday morning. Would be great to meet some of you. Just decide all together where to go and post all the details: airport, ICAO code, time of meeting place, hotel and if possible some contact number so I can catch up on this on Saturday.

EDLE, Netherlands

So not the big Bonn airport but the other one as Jan cannot join otherwise.

But Hangelar is impossible for other people... There will always be someone who can't or won't use a particular a/d. And as I already said, I am the most likely to cancel anyway, given that my little craft is most subject to adverse weather. So I think my voice should be the least weighing.

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

On a quick and dirty look you may not have VFR weather till Sunday.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Yes, I thought the same on hearing the radio. One more reason for not counting my voice too much. One other reason yet is I live fairly close, close enough that I might well come driving. Even so, Köln-Bonn airport seems a drairy place for a drink and a chat, especially if either is to be extended, as I hope both will.

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

I'm going to leave EASA in Cologne early afternoon on Friday. I will travel by rail, wheel, and heeltoe as required, to near where we will meet on Saturday. I don't mind going to an airport, big or small, but am equally happy to go to a hotel or similar venue where we can all meet up in a relaxed environment.

Or here's another question, is there an aircraft museum anywhere in the area, toward which we could all gravitate? I've looked on Google, but I just do not know all of the city/airport names.

Any suggestions?

Home runway, in central Ontario, Canada, Canada
Sign in to add your message