Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Can more people start threads, please (also New Post feature)

Somehwere else the forum has a tab for current posts – and this gives a run of the posts in chronolgical order over the last few days or so. I think it works really well as a good way of people seeing what and where discussions are evolving and generally catching up and may be a good idea here. I think it also encourages people to post because envitably they will see a comment which deserves a response which they might otherwise not have noticed. I havent frequented very many forum over the years (it may sound like I have) but I guess it is a few and I have only seen this done it one place and it does work really well. Maybe it is diffcult to do?

Fuji, is that different from what you get by clicking “Latest Posts”?

Administrator
EGTR / London, United Kingdom

David has added a New Post feature. The URL is here and you can see the link at the top of the page:

It then takes you to a list of forum sections.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

David / Peter I think that is brilliant – sorry I hadnt noticed the “latest post” tab – I wonder if it might stand out more if in bold, and I wonder if there is an overlap with the “active posts” and both are really needed?

Last Edited by Fuji_Abound at 06 Dec 21:17

They do serve slightly different purposes:

Active Threads – the most recently posted to threads. Ten posts on one thread will still only show the thread once.
Latest Posts – the most recent posts. Ten posts on one thread will show as ten entries.

Most people here use Active Threads. On another forum we host, which gets around 25,000 posts a day, almost nobody uses the post list; everyone uses the thread list. We have high aspirations here!

Administrator
EGTR / London, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

David has added a New Post feature

I’ve been looking for that feature couple of times. If I am somewhat typical, it should help.

huv
EKRK, Denmark

A year later, time to bump this thread

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Just started a new thread

Rochester EGTO
28 Posts
Sign in to add your message