Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Maintenance in Germany/Austria/Czech Republic/Slovenia

This question is directed at members operating a Beech piston aircraft in the above-mentioned countries.

I am an aircraft broker based in the UK and I have a German buyer, based on the east side of Munich, who is considering buying a Beech Sierra I have for sale.
His question is “Do you have any affordable shop that you could recommend ?”
He also thinks “an affordable shop in Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Austria… is just as well. Germany is probably too expensive, anyway.”

Unfortunately I can not answer his question and I wondered if anyone here has personal experience /knowledge of EASA Part 145 maintenance facilities in that part of Europe.

Thanks
John

ItisI wrote:

Germany is probably too expensive, anyway.

If he is based “East of Munich”, there is a Beechcraft maintenance shop at Augsburg (formerly Beechcraft itself). Certainly not the cheapest, but if he values his time and the expense of traveling to Poland and back for every maintenance event, it may not be the most expensive option.

EDDS - Stuttgart

Beech Sierra

There are not so many of those around and the only reason to but it is probably because it is less expensive than a Bonanza. So with a budget airplane I would not go to a Beech shop but try to work with the local maintenance company based at the airfield of the owner at least for annuals.
If the owner does not mind to ferry the plane to maintenance I have had good experinces with ACG at EDFQ but that is quite a bit away.

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

Yeah, Augsburg Air Service (formerly Beech Augsburg) is very expensive and probably overkill for an old Sierra. For the usual work, just use a local maintenance shop, unless it really has no clue about Beeches. For major work, some places in the East of Czech Republic have proven to be very good quality AND very good in price.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 19 Nov 06:49
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

+1 for ACG in EDFQ. Working with them is an excellent experience. However, from southeastern Bavaria it’s really far.

EDFM (Mannheim), Germany

Thank you for your replies.
Much appreciated.
John

6 Posts
Sign in to add your message