Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Engines, avionics, etc stolen from aircraft

Me too! Reading the thread title, I thought they failed to return from a flight and their whereabouts was unknown for some time! The difference a single word can make! “Missing” instead of “stolen”!

[title fixed – Peter]

EIWT Weston, Ireland

Amazing how framing affects your emotional response. Theft came across as a relief. But then if you don’t have the image of six gliders disappearing into the foggy seas of Jutland to begin with, you feel more disgust at the thought of the theft.

Tököl LHTL

Where the heck do they go? I can ‘understand’ that stolen engines and aircraft components might have market value after being smuggled to a different country, but a whole sailplane or six of them? Surely somebody is going to figure out the situation, no matter where they are smuggled?

Last Edited by Silvaire at 02 Nov 21:56

Same here. When I first saw the title (before Peter fixed it), I thought ‘holy shit’! Kinda ‘glad’ (in a relative way) that they were ‘only’ stolen. Like @Silvaire, however, I am puzzled as to where they could go. I mean – six (!!) entire airplanes ??

It may be a bit like the stolen Rotax stuff. Folklore used to be that they go into the homebuilt market (well, the countries where there is no “CAA” inspector involvement i.e. nobody looks at serial numbers) or the go-kart activities, but apparently a lot get broken up and sold for parts. OTOH parting out airframes is very time-consuming, and aren’t these gliders “plastic” so not suitable for that anyway?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I think the point is that it was posted from the Juniors Competition. I think it was a reference to the team in question having a particularly bad day and everyone landin away from the airfield.

Bit of a joke. Lots of it goes on when you get the juniors together!

It's not rocket science!

Gliders stolen from AVIATOR – Aalborg Svæveflyveklub 2. november 2017

Type Reg. Nr. Tail nr. Serial no.

Duo Discus T OY-RAX 1W 294 28 (T)
LS4 OY-XRF G4 4788
LS4 OY-XPX PX 4654
LS6 OY-XRG G2 6217
DG400 OY-XPD PD 4-183
Pegase OY-RGX RG 101077

Motor Duo Discus
Motor Solo 2350D 41 Partnr 200035013

Propel Technoflug OE-FL5.143

Motor DG400
Motor Rotax 505 3.332.730

Please share this information

Regarding the 6 stolen aircrafts from AVIATOR

There is now a reward of 10.000 € for information leding to the recovery of the 6 stolen gliders.

The statemensis as follows:

Stockholm, 10 November 2017

Notification of Stolen Aircrafts

Between the dates 30-Oct and 02-Nov six glider aircrafts was stolen from Aviator Aalborg svæveflyveklub hangar at Aars airport in Denmark.

The registration, serialnumber, manufacturer and type of the aircrafts are following:
OY-RGX, 101077, Centrair Pegase 101A
OY-XPD, 4-183, Glaser-Dirks Flugzeugbau GmbH,
DG-400 OY-XPX, 4654, Rolladen-Schneider Flugzeugbau,
LS 4 OY-XRF, 4788, Rolladen-Schneider Flugzeugbau,
LS 4 a OY-XRG, 6217, Rolladen-Schneider Flugzeugbau,
LS 6 c OY-RAX, 28, Schempp-Hirth Flugzeugbau GmbH,
Duo Discus T

Inter Hannover will pay a reward of EUR 10.000 for information that leads to that all aircrafts are returned to their owners in functional condition.

Contact information: [email protected] Ph: +46 8 617 5400 ask for GA Claims

Regarding the 6 stolen aircrafts from AVIATOR

There is now a reward of 10.000 € for information leding to the recovery of the 6 stolen gliders.

The statemensis as follows:

Stockholm, 10 November 2017

Notification of Stolen Aircrafts

Between the dates 30-Oct and 02-Nov six glider aircrafts was stolen from Aviator Aalborg svæveflyveklub hangar at Aars airport in Denmark.

The registration, serialnumber, manufacturer and type of the aircrafts are following:
OY-RGX, 101077, Centrair Pegase 101A
OY-XPD, 4-183, Glaser-Dirks Flugzeugbau GmbH,
DG-400 OY-XPX, 4654, Rolladen-Schneider Flugzeugbau,
LS 4 OY-XRF, 4788, Rolladen-Schneider Flugzeugbau,
LS 4 a OY-XRG, 6217, Rolladen-Schneider Flugzeugbau,
LS 6 c OY-RAX, 28, Schempp-Hirth Flugzeugbau GmbH,
Duo Discus T

Inter Hannover will pay a reward of EUR 10.000 for information that leads to that all aircrafts are returned to their owners in functional condition.

Contact information: [email protected] Ph: +46 8 617 5400 ask for GA Claims

@HHKRISTENSEN please stop creating new threads about this topic. I have just merged your posts into the existing thread

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message