Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

ForeFlight (merged thread)

Dimme wrote:

All of these waypoints exist, however they’re not displayed for some reason.

E.g. you can search for them and plan with them.

You’re right – those missing IFR points you can search and use in flight plan. In case of using in flight plan they will be shown on the map while search only will show only approximate position in circle and actual point will not be shown. However, DME LUK from previous example is somewhat strange – being navigational aid, I would expect to see its frequency when revealed on the map.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Just as a side-note. There’s reports of SkyDemon having misplaced (by +1nm) points and nav aids. Something to keep in mind if you use SkyDemon.

LPCS, Portugal

ilyas wrote:

Just as a side-note. There’s reports of SkyDemon having misplaced (by +1nm) points and nav aids. Something to keep in mind if you use SkyDemon.

Examples?

EGTR

Peter_Mundy wrote:

Thanks Dimme – you are correct. But if they are not displayed they are as much use as a chocolate tea pot. FF being Jepp owned already has a very high level of integration with Jepp data so as a consumer I would not expect or accept differences. Jepp manage to display them in JeppView

A correction, ForeFlight is not owned by Jeppesen. Jeppesen and ForeFlight are both owned by Boeing. ForeFlight uses Jeppesen Navdata data throughout its standard product. ForeFlight also can display Jeppesen Airway charts and Approach/Terminal Charts as a purchase option. ForeFlight and Jeppesen had this arrangement before Boeing purchased ForeFlight.

KUZA, United States

I stand corrected

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

NCYankee wrote:

ForeFlight uses Jeppesen Navdata data throughout its standard product. ForeFlight also can display Jeppesen Airway charts and Approach/Terminal Charts as a purchase option. ForeFlight and Jeppesen had this arrangement before Boeing purchased ForeFlight.

Sure, but the decision to drop JeppFD – whether is was Jeppesen’s own decision or if Boeing ordered them to – was obviously related to Boeing’s purchase of ForeFlight and based on the expectation that people would use ForeFlight instead. It was hardly done so that people would switch to Garmin Pilot! Also the decision was obviously coordinated with ForeFlight given that JeppFD customers were offered a free trial of the full ForeFlight offerings.

Last Edited by Airborne_Again at 09 Nov 13:31
ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

As far as I can see, FF does display terminal waypoints if you zoom in enough on the map.

Not on my display – I only get airway intersections

Peter_Mundy wrote:

Not on my display – I only get airway intersections

Sorry, it seems to work if you select Jeppesen IFR (low) as aeronautical map.

That works – but then the map is useless for VFR :(

Sign in to add your message