Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

ForeFlight (merged thread)

Now try sending it to Telegram. You don’t get the filetype choice now (in the Ipad app) and what Telegram gets is the FF server (“cloud”) URL only. And for me this URL displays the track (on a PC) but download fails:

Upon Download, it offers to save it as .json

and clicking on Save (this is now in Windows Explorer) produces

Anyway the file should obviously be .kml, not .json.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Sounds like a bug…. quickest soln is likely to drop support an email with the details above. They usually come back very fast.

LSZK, Switzerland

Josh_Tahmasebi_ForeFlight wrote:

I have it already marked on my personal task list to check in with the team that works on NOTAMs to see what levers we have to pull to build out specific requirements for the development and design team.

Hi Josh, could you please elaborate on the status of the NOTAMs not showing up until 2 hrs before the flight?

My yearly SD renewal is due and I am reconsidering FF again – but before I would like to know how things are developing on the VFR side…

EDNG, EDST, Germany

Hey @Supersonic,

Sorry I missed you message. We are actively working on a feature to allow user configuration of NOTAMs so that you can control how far in the future they show on the map. I don’t have an exact timeline right now for when, but it’s in development now.

If you haven’t done a trial of ForeFlight in a while, write in to [email protected] and they can get you set up with a 30 day trial to test things out again.

Hope this helps,
Josh

ForeFlight - Head of International Gr...
KGTU, United States

We know that FF doesn’t show notams until 2hrs before the flight.

But that can obviously apply only to flight plans set up in the program.

What if you just switch the Ipad on in the aircraft, before departing. How fast will it obtain the data for say the south of the UK?

Administrator

Hey @Peter

Here is some more information on NOTAMs

• The Graphical NOTAM layer only shows effective NOTAMs and those that will be effective in the next 2 hours. We originally made this choice because we were concerned about screen clutter. This is the piece we are working on to show them further in advance
  • The NOTAM data is relatively small so if you open the app, it should be a quick download to get the latest. When connected to the internet, it will check for updates every few minutes to consistently monitor for new NOTAMs, changes, and cancelations. You can also “pack” NOTAMs for 24 hours in advance when you fly and NOTAM layer will respond to those you have packed while in flight when you don’t have an internet connection
  • Text-based NOTAMs are available to plan against and will show NOTAMs further in the future whether you read them on a per-airport basis or in the briefing which will pull NOTAMs based on your flight plan’s ETD.

The work to show them further in advance is in progress so we should have more on this soon.

All the best,
Josh

KGTU, United States

Josh any news on the logbook update for EASA land in terms of currencies and qualifications?

ELLX, Luxembourg

Hey @hazek,

Also in progress! We previewed and user tested it at AERO Friedrichshafen, but still in development.

All the best,
Josh

Last Edited by Josh_Tahmasebi_ForeFlight at 26 Jun 21:28
KGTU, United States

I wonder if Foreflight does this.

Administrator
Sign in to add your message