Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Trailerable aircraft

Jan_Olieslagers wrote:

PS talking of the Europa and trailering it: there used to be a picture on the Europa website of such a plane, trailered, being fuelled at a roadside filling station

It’s also in one of the videos:
http://www.euroga.org/forums/non-certified/5159-europa-aircraft-advertisement-video-from-around-2000

EDLE
I pay 1,19€ at the car station :-)

So do I , or thereabouts, only I keep fit by hauling around two 20-litre jerrycans rather than a complete aeroplane, however light … ;)

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Surprisingly, this type hasn’t been mentioned yet:

I wonder about the practicality though.

EDQH, Germany

@Clipperstorch, the practicality’s there for winter season storage etc but the fuel tanks really should be drained to fold the wings. That makes wing folding and trailering too much for every flight. Also the trailer attachment that bolts to the rear fuselage is hard to source (one could make it) and the MLG tires won’t last forever.

That photo was BTW taken when the car and plane was new, circa 1970, so the durability of the type is pretty well established. It’s also a practical touring plane if you don’t need much room. Here’s a similarly old video that shows another capability, but I’m not sure how many people would enjoy an 11 turn spin.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 15 Mar 18:38

The insurance arranged through FFPLUM has different parts which one can choose from. One is transporting the aircraft on the ground and by road. I haven’t looked into this option but what are others doing about insurance for tailoring?

France
15 Posts
Sign in to add your message