Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Discussion of language proficiency issues and licenses

The only reason to do test at Orly center is to get 6 I think now one can get 6 with other providers but lot of hassle to get it printed on DGAC papers

ELP buisness outside English speaking countries is, ahem, cow milking buiness

Last Edited by Ibra at 12 Feb 10:52
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

If we’re talking about English (not French) I got 6 with James in Bordeaux. True it helps that it’s my native language, but that doesn’t necessarily guarantee anything. (It was funny really , I got an automatic 6 in French because I did the PPL checkride in French, but English was only a 4 based on my FAA license, so I had to do an extra test).

LFMD, France

So getting an EASA License in France, speaking French, gets you a French Level 6. :-)

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

Or even probably not speaking French… it default…??

Peter wrote:

This is for people doing ELP in France:

That is a real hoot Only in France. Needing to speak French in order get an ELP! Don’t you just love the French?

No offence intended.

LSZK, Switzerland

LFCS (Bordeaux Léognan Saucats)

I got my French and German ELP Level 6 by simply writing an email to DGAC and LBA respectively. They then sent me a document which I could send to national authorities

eri
ELLX, Luxembourg

This is a very good video – thank you for posting it Jim.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Good vid Jim, but one tiny point… I have personally heard Flemmish on the radio in Belgium, and not just at a small aerodrome, but being spoken by 2 different pilots talking with Brussels Information one evening…

Regards, SD..

As always by James, perfectly presented and a well balanced summary.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 18 Aug 07:52
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany
Sign in to add your message