Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

"Climate Activists" vandalise business jets

Isn’t all the reasoning for doing this a mix of overt envy and a feeling of injustice, that something is taken from the “activists” that is more than money? Isn’t this new movement some sort of “Jehovah’s Witnesses 2.0”? They all believe in the end of the world and that others have to be assimilated, resistance is futile.

I mean, come on, do you have an idea on how many inventions I am involved as a patent attorney which have a potential to change the world’s climate? It is astonishing what’s coming! It’s just dull to believe that we as mankind could not learn how to “heal” the earth, with the same weapons with what we poisoned it. We’re doing better than these “activists” believe.

Fear is never good counsel.

Germany

The activists are diversifying. A few days ago they painted a Lamborghini in Ibiza City and yesterday the 300 million yacht of Nancy Walton. Yes, daughter of.. Apt name of that ship. Their motto: “you consume, others suffer”

Last Edited by aart at 17 Jul 11:41
Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Is this really the way to get anyone to try to do their bit to save the planet or is it more likely to antagonise people and make you think that man made climate change is something thought up by a bunch of weirdos.
In my younger days we never thought about what the “beardy weardys” the “tree huggers”
“the corduroy trouser brigade” the “new worldies”" the hipppies" actually stood for, let alone try to find out whether or not they had a valid point. We just dismissed them and took the pxss. Actually the hippies were more considered for the free love (rampant sex) and the music.
None of which anyone born after the 1950’s will know what I’m talking about.😊

France

aart wrote:

and yesterday the 300 million yacht of Nancy Walton

Do this with a yacht of a russian owner and you will find yourself with a bullet in the skull.

I mean…are we really back to the days of self-justice? Do we have to build fences again?

Germany

RikB wrote:

This is the bad state of society in these days. People think that everything is allowed if they believe it is the right thing.

This isn’t really anything to do with “society these days” – vandalism to promote a cause has a very long history. On 4 March 1914 the suffragette Mary Richardson entered the National Gallery and inflicted seven ‘wounds’ across Velázquez’s painting ’The toilet of Venus’.

In 1880, exhibits of the Russian painter Vasily Vereshchagin in Vienna caused the opposition of the Catholic Church, which culminated in an attack on two paintings, Holy family (Russian: Святое семейство) and Resurrection (Russian: Воскресение Христово). A monk splashed enough acid on the paintings to virtually destroy them.

We can go back further, when the rulers of ancient Greece were overthrown by public insurrection in 507 BCE.

Direct action by protestors is a constant in society, it’s nothing new.

Andreas IOM

You are of course right. It doesn’t make it any less annoying for many.

France

Annoying and worse than that. It labels man-made climate change as an idea of a bunch of loonies which plays right into the narrative of man-made climate change skeptics. Oh wait, that’s stuff for a different thread..

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

A few days ago they painted a Lamborghini in Ibiza City

Wow!! They actually damaged some guys car in the street?

They have probably specifically targeted things where the owner isn’t actually there with buildings, aeroplanes and superyachts etc so far… but a car very possibly has its owner nearby, and he or she may not hesitate in the same way as paid official security or even the police may, to “intervene” in what they are doing…

I know if you started to “paint” my classic toy, I doubt I would be able to contain my feelings on the matter…

I would chuck a tin of paint on one of them, and it would not be emulsion. It would be something permanent.

In the UK, you are entitled to protect your property.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

UdoR wrote:

Do this with a yacht of a russian owner and you will find yourself with a bullet in the skull.

In the news in Norway right now. There’s a sudden much increased demand for high priced yachts in Norway (€ 1.5 to 10 mil according to the article). The demand is from people from Ukraine, Turkey and Dubai. Investigations show they are all Russian persons trying to trick export laws. But don’t tell those activists

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway
Sign in to add your message