Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

"Climate Activists" vandalise business jets

Criminals don’t tend to video their acts and send them to the media in order to try to instill fear in governments, companies and the society at large that such acts will continue until you do what these groups desire.
They may not quite be the Bader Meinhoff gang or the Red Brigade. Yet.
Peaceful protest and the ballot box, slow marches, banners ok, gatherings speeches etc. Ok. But wanton damage crosses the line IMO.

Last Edited by gallois at 08 Jun 14:29
France

gallois wrote:

Criminals don’t tend to video their acts and send them to the media in order to try to instill fear in governments, companies and the society at large that such acts will continue until you do what these groups desire.

“Criminals” practising civil disobedience do exactly that. It’s the whole point.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

I am obviously not defending these bastards. I think they should get 6 months in jail, with no remission. That would end this stuff pretty fast.

Think how you would feel if this was your plane.

I am merely commenting on the difficulty of doing anything about them, especially if they pull the right strings.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I think they should get 6 months in jail, with no remission. That would end this stuff pretty fast.

At the gate to the hangars of most US airports is a sign saying that disturbing an aircraft is a Federal crime punishable up to and including death – presumably if somebody is killed as a result. I don’t imagine that’s ever happened but the over-dramatic sign is apparently a reasonable deferent to wackos like this, or those interested in petty theft. We did have some druggies steal tools out of our hangars 15 years ago, but I’ve never heard of anything else before or since.

They should throw the book at these adolescent morons. Otherwise, the distressing thing is to think that some deluded, brainwashed soul with an IQ over 80 might upon reading about it think destroying a biz jet is a good idea. Very sad, those values would be a huge burden to living a productive life.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 08 Jun 15:59

compelling a government or international organisation to perform or abstain from performing any act, seriously destabilising or destroying the fundamental political, constitutional, economic or social structures of a country or an international organisation.

Now that you mention it, the implementation of the 2030 ASD seems to fit rather precisely that definition…and provides socio-political coverage for the actions mentioned in this thread. I am not implying anything other than what is explicitly written in the prior sentence.

Last Edited by Antonio at 08 Jun 19:58
Antonio
LESB, Spain

Another POV from Germany here.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

Another POV from Germany here.

Obviously that guy has or uses a jet and is fine with it.

Adding : (the translated version, last paragraph)
“Freedom and prosperity are not laws of nature, as is unfortunately the case in large areas of our planet.”

This guy forgot to say that his wealthy situation is probaly due to his parents and a lot of luck. People like that have a tendancy to ignore that hard and clever work is not always making you wealthy, but for them it can justify denigration and a feeling of being of a cast of priviledge people that are attacked on this point. These “ecological terrorist” are actiing against a behavior, they don’t care about people. It could be x or y, as soon as they are using their jet to make a pee to the airport 1000nm south.

Last Edited by greg_mp at 12 Jun 07:53
LFMD, France

That guy is the long-time president of AOPA Germany. AFAIK, he flies very little, and certainly only low-end GA. If he still actively flies at all, that is. Not sure.

Anyway, the above translation of that quoted phrase is poor, and misleading.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Peter wrote:

Why does anyone actually still go through the security check at an airport?
Especially in EDXW, where they are super painful with checks and yellow vests and following the paths on the ground and whatnot.
ESMK, Sweden

greg_mp wrote:

This guy forgot to say that his wealthy situation is probaly due to his parents and a lot of luck.

Having just read the German original, your comment is way off the mark. It’s actually a rant against these so-called ‘activists’ and against the state that lets them get away with it.

Sign in to add your message