Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

GA marketing over the years

UdoR wrote:

I’m not going to comment that in further details

If you are in for a fast six-seater SEP, you should go buy yourself a 210, or a Beech 36 if you don’t care so much for CG range, or a PA32 or 206 if you don’ care so much for speed ;)

Antonio
LESB, Spain

Are the curtains a Piper thing? I have seen them on so many pictures of Piper singles and light twins but don’t recall any on a Bonanza or Cessna of similar size.

EDQH, Germany

The curtains are cute! I have the original ones, and everybody keeps mentioning them. ;-)

In fact we’re using them on practically every flight.

About the six seater: the Comanche IS a six seater, and most of the times not even overloaded. For me it results as the perfect compromise..

Germany

UdoR wrote:

the Comanche IS a six seater

Sorry @UdorR I misunderstood the previous comments as implying that it is not a true six seater, but I do not have first-hand experience

Antonio
LESB, Spain

I do like that many of the marketing pictures you have your car in the background.

Being able to drive up within feet of your aircraft is really great. But challenging for many at bigger airfields these days.

Clipperstorch wrote:

Are the curtains a Piper thing? I have seen them on so many pictures of Piper singles and light twins but don’t recall any on a Bonanza or Cessna of similar size.

Mooney had them too on some models.

I also like the classic paint schemes when applied to a period airplane. And it is nice to see that some of the advertized planes still fly. Not very surprising for C or E model Mooneys, they still are some of the most efficient airplanes ever made and they are very attractive as an entry level complex airplane. The main problem these days is that insurance for complex airplanes (US-definition) is taking a real big hike and lots of people can’t get insured. That may well be the demise of loads of these planes in favour of Cherokees and C172’s.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Now take some present-day marketing e.g.

There was another great one for the Cessna 400 / TTX which I can’t find right now, featuring a businessman using it for travel.

I do like that many of the marketing pictures you have your car in the background.

There have been many posters produced, including in recent years, like that, but I can’t find any. The plane, a smiling family, a nice car. The symbolism is clear

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Who brings a football inside the cabin of a GA aircraft? And who gets out with music headphones around their neck? Surely they’ve been wearing a headset during the flight?

EIWT Weston, Ireland

@UdoR unlike the Bonanza where almost certainly the marketing photos of a 35 Bonanza with six adults flying was out of CG, the Comanche has the CG range. However, having flown the post 1965 PA-30, the baggage area/third row did not look like it would comfortably accommodate adults. The rear baggage door has on occasion opened which would also make the third row seating occupants get excited.

The Cherokee Six is an honest six seater with adult seating in the third row.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

dublinpilot wrote:

And who gets out with music headphones around their neck? Surely they’ve been wearing a headset during the flight?

My son – rarely wears headset, rather enjoys his choice of music

LDZA LDVA, Croatia
Sign in to add your message