Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

GA marketing over the years

Emir wrote:

My son – rarely wears headset, rather enjoys his choice of music

Is it not too loud for him? (The engine noise! Not the music )

EIWT Weston, Ireland

If you have noise cancelling headphones then the experience is much the same as piping music through the audio panel or bluetoothing it into your headset.

I have a pair of Sony noise cancelling headphones which cost something like £250. The noise cancelling performance is as good as any high-end GA headset, but obviously there is no mic. Adding the mic evidently accounts for the other £750 on GA headsets ;-)

EGLM & EGTN

Graham wrote:

I have a pair of Sony noise cancelling headphones which cost something like £250. The noise cancelling performance is as good as any high-end GA headset, but obviously there is no mic. Adding the mic evidently accounts for the other £750 on GA headsets ;-)

:) You mean £180? AvMike for QC25? Works OK for me!

EGTR

arj1 wrote:

Works OK for me!

And for me! I have some QC25 for passengers and a QC35 ii with bluetooth for me. I would never’ve bought so many heftily overpriced Aviation headsets. But the QC25 is 50 Euros (second-hand like-new condition), best thing you can buy also for kids. Lightweight. Robust. And if it should break, when kids are kids, well, then it’s at least not too expensive. So I have 4 fully operational headsets, plus one spare (which would be operational if I married headset and mike), plus two normal “classic” headsets as spare of the spare. In fact, I seldom activate noise-cancellation in the Comanche, but like to fly without headset at all – only when COM is very busy and I need more concentration to understand the controller. But then you have all the silence you could wish for.

So yes, the kid could carry this.

Last Edited by UdoR at 17 Jun 14:20
Germany

dublinpilot wrote:

Is it not too loud for him?

He claims not hearing engine noise with his Beats headphones

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

This is funny. So many “olde English” icons in one place

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

A Robin advert from 1967. I remember thinking a few years ago that American car adverts on television are informational, listing horsepower, acceleration etc, but European adverts are aspirational, showing a happy family and beautiful scenery. This one looks like it’s the other way round.

There was a Robin advert in the 1980s that mirrored François Mitterrand’s la France profonde type presidential campaign appealing to heartland values (example below, a village 10 minutes from us). DR400 in the foreground, a couple of fields, then a wooded hillside with a church near the top. Unfortunately I can’t find it.

Another Robin advert I saw on the wall in Portorož was a map of Europe showing a route from Dijon Darois to Portorož with the time and fuel required for the Ecoflyer. I assume Robin tailored one each for lots of flying schools and clubs and sent them out as direct advertising.

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom
47 Posts
Sign in to add your message