Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Acceptance of electronic logbooks (or simple Excel files) in different countries

@mh

With Logbook.aero you can have up to 4 extra custom flight times (eg. aerobatics). It’s only limited to 4 fields, as no-one has asked for more yet.

You are correct that the total time is not shown on the dashboard. It appears on the logbook page, but I can add it to the dashboard easily.

I can easily make amendments to the website for additional criteria for licence, currency etc – just let me know what your requirements are. Aero tows can be recorded for each flight, and it’s easy for me to add them as a criteria on the licence page.

I really like your suggestion for ATOs, FIs and students. The website has been created in a way that will allow this sort of thing in the future, but I’ve been waiting for somebody to suggest it before I work on it. Get in touch with me via the website (there is a contact link at the foot of every page), and we can discuss this further.

Seeing a graph of flight costs is definitely depressing:)

Last Edited by WayneB at 11 Feb 09:47

I stopped using a paper logbook in 1993. Had one in excel, DFS program and use LogTenPro now. I’m very happy with LogTenPro.

I have to amend my statement. LogTenPro’s new pricing structure is just too expensive. They try to force you into this with failing syncing. I do a manual sync (copying the SQL file)
I look for a better solution.

United Kingdom

logbook.aero still continues to tick all the boxes for me

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

Safelog is very good, and it’s just US$100 for 5 years or US$300 for a lifetime.

Main advantage is that besides their apps for Windows, Mac, Android and iOS, it is also available web-based so no need to install any app on that office computer.

The problem is that it is $300 for the lifetime of the company, not your lifetime

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

That’s true, but compared to other products it’s still cheaper after just a few years. You can always take the 5 year option (or one of the other options they offer).

Last Edited by Fompe at 02 Apr 13:51

I use a $2.99 logbook app on my iphone and ipad that takes times for my flight automatically and also manually if I want. It has all the logbook fields you need to fill out and saves the data. I use it in the plane then transfer the data to my log book for ultimate storage whenever I have the some free time. Its a lot easier and cheaper than the expensive apps I didn’t quite need. No subscription and It doesn’t have any other fancy gadgets, graphs or other frills. Its just so simple it does the trick and is quick in the plane. It backs itself up whenever I plug into the computer.

this is the app here – "Aviation Log Book ":https://itunes.apple.com/app/id948004876

Is there an integrated electronic logbook which maintains

• pilot time (brakes off to brakes on)
  • airframe log (airborne time)
  • engine log (same)
  • prop log (same)
  • journey log (a combination of the first two)

and which supports the printing of a page at a time which can be hole punched and filed in a ring binder to keep the hard copy?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Aircraftlogs.com
But it’s now $3k a year, so I’ve stopped using it.

EGTF, LFTF

I use an Excel spreadsheet with pivot tables for analytics

LFPT, LFPN
Sign in to add your message