Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Acceptance of electronic logbooks (or simple Excel files) in different countries

I've mailed you a spreadsheet to backup your logbook and perform calculations.

Just enter your flight details and the spreadsheet has formulas to automatically calculate: total hours, hours by type, number of flights per type, 90 day limits, rolling 12mo hours etc.

The limits/expiry dates will automatically turn red if out-of-date.

United Kingdom

Hi HeliPilot

Thanks ever so much. Sorry for the delayed reply.

Big thanks to all who have replied with their suggested formats. I have found useful elements in each one to incorporate into my own version. Your efforts are much appreciated chaps!

UK, United Kingdom

Somebody asked nicely the other day if they could have a copy of mine, which is reasonably sophisticated. So I took an hour to remove my personal data but leave it useable by somebody else who wants to understand it, change aircraft types, personalise and so-on. It's in Excel.

If anybody wants it, drop me a line with your email address and you're welcome to a copy. It was however only written for me, so is likely to require some significant tweaking for anybody else.

G

Boffin at large
Various, southern UK.

Thanks Genghis, I think that was me!

I don't think I can pm you on this site, so my address is sams.e 'at' hotmail.co.uk

Thanks for taking the time to do that, it is much appreciated.

:-)

UK, United Kingdom

It was and I emailed it to you as well.

I'll email it again on the assumption it didn't get through.

G

Boffin at large
Various, southern UK.

Thanks Genghis, no it didn't get through the first time, but I found it the second time in my 'Junk' folder.

Thanks to everyone who has been good enough to share their efforts with me. I shall now get to work!!!

What a great and helpful bunch you all are...!!

UK, United Kingdom

You also have mail - a copy of mine (blank).

It is designed to replicate my paper logbook exactly, the layout being exactly the same.

I use some very simple SUMIF formulae to total the hours by aircraft type.

EGLM & EGTN

Thanks very much Graham, really appreciate that. :-)

UK, United Kingdom

Has anyone got any experience of the latest rash of electronic pilot logbook Apps available. My steam age logbook is nearly full so it would be a good time to change. Ian

EGNS/Garey Airstrip, Isle of Man

Hi STOLman

in 2010 I developed (i did not program it but made the whole concept, graphics) an automatic logbook for iPhone and iPad, combined with a checklist feature, that is almost completely GPS driven. I used it on my iPhone for almost 3 years and it worked almost perfectly.

I was stupid enough to sell the rights for it ... but it is still in the Appstore: i-FLYTE TC is the name of the app. Unfortunately the guy who bought it never updated it .. so i have no idea if ist works with iOS 7

Sign in to add your message