Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Ideal flying club flight line

The first number is flight time the second number is tach time.

C172M:
C172L:

ESME, ESMS

I guess an “average fuel burn” is better measured in TACH time?

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Graham wrote:

Which times are used for the fuel consumption calculation? If block times (or airborne plus some X mins) then the consumption figure will be pulled down by ground/warm-up/taxi time being included in the calcs?

Airborne time. We never use tacho time (except as a check that the airborne time is reasonable) or block time.

Last Edited by Airborne_Again at 11 May 17:40
ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Dimme wrote:

The first number is flight time the second number is tach time.

Flight time consumption is lower than tach time consumption? So they are using more fuel on ground than in the air ?!?

Germany

Flight time is airborne, and most people run at lower power settings.

Last Edited by Dimme at 11 May 18:24
ESME, ESMS

Malibuflyer wrote:

Flight time consumption is lower than tach time consumption? So they are using more fuel on ground than in the air ?!?

it matches my own observations.. flight time is usually ca 10% bigger than tach ,that means the consumption should be lower..

EETU, Estonia

Those Annemasse Robin DR400 prices are a good 40+Euros an hour more than at my Aeroclub nr Bordeaux.

Regards, SD..

Of course. Because they are so close to Switzerland. I assume at least half of their members is Swiss. And they love these prices.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

The airport is 30min walk, 10min cycle and 5min car drive from Annemasse and 25min car drive from Geneva, I doubt it’s comparable to many airports in Europe, maybe LeTouquet, SanSebastian and Cannes? or listed by A_A in Sweden?

Last Edited by Ibra at 11 May 20:11
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Ibra wrote:

or listed by A_A in Sweden?

I’m not certain what you are getting at here. Anyway, the population of Uppsala, where my club is located (10 min by car from the city centre), is the same as that of Annemasse and Geneva together.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden
Sign in to add your message