Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Ideal flying club flight line

I think that what he is saying is that the proximity of the Swiss is the reason there are inflated prices at Annemasse.
Its not about local population its about cross border money because it is expensive to fly in Switzerland.
I wonder how the aeroclub has fared over the last year of restrictions on cross-border travel? I hope they are still doing OK.

Regards, SD..

Airborne_Again wrote:

I’m not certain what you are getting at here. Anyway, the population of Uppsala, where my club is located (10 min by car from the city centre), is the same as that of Annemasse and Geneva together

Yes the airport is closer to Uppsala (I studied 3 months there ) and offer dynamic & affordable flying, but probably advantage of being near “big & dynamic university city”?

Toulouse has 3 airports within 10min car drive all acessible to GA including 2*10000ft runways in Blagnac, Lasbordes has dynamic & young GA scene, I can say the same for Cambridge & Oxford, both have well equipped airports and both are within a walking distance to a dynamic student town, I think these are exceptions, unlike posh GA vitrine rental in Toussus/Annemasse or mesirable club house with +100 years old average in Beccles

Last Edited by Ibra at 12 May 09:10
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Ibra wrote:

Oxford, both have well equipped airports and both are within a walking distance to a dynamic student town

You could walk into Oxford from Kidlington (where the airport is), but it would take quite a long time!

EGLM & EGTN

Graham wrote:

You could walk into Oxford from Kidlington (where the airport is), but it would take quite a long time!

You are right car drive is 15min, I did not walk

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Ibra wrote:

I can say the same for Cambridge

Sadly not for much longer, with it slated to close within a few years.

Last Edited by derek at 12 May 11:38
Derek
Stapleford (EGSG), Denham (EGLD)
45 Posts
Sign in to add your message